Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force spring passes

So not a Guru

13 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

In contour how can I force spring passes to be active?

I never use them but I know it's on the finishing page, number of spring passes field.

You might need to output a finish pass for it to accompany..

1 minute ago, Thee Byte™ said:

I never use them but I know it's on the finishing page, number of spring passes field.

You might need to output a finish pass for it to accompany..

I have both rough & finish passes, but the spring passes are greyed out. Not sure why they are sometimes greyed out & sometimes not.

4 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

It looks like it's not allowed on ramping, which is odd since the finish passes are non-ramping passes when only final depth is enabled.

Yeah, ramping/osciliation tend not to have as many features, no profile ramp entry, less effective gouge check, etc..

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking to do but what I do in 2d Contour is, select the Enter on first depth cut only and the Exit on last depth cut in the Lead in Lead out page. Then on the Multi pass page check Multi Passes, in the Rough, enter 1 in the number box and 0.0 in the Spacing box. Do the same in the Finishing and I get a spring pass. This does appear to work in Ramp as well.

Sorry again if I am mistaken on what you are looking for.