Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

GAP SETTINGS

mirek1017

Good morning All

I want find out there is some settings on mastercam for fixing my gaps when I open iges ,file from my engineers .

They use Creo 4 and on creo solid looks clean and nice ,when I open in my mastercam I have many gaps on it 

I am use mastercam 2020 

thank you for all helps 

image.png.29fcbd00c420904c4585ff9d9a2e75b4.png

image.png.e25d454e51de217b337d043194db45fe.png

IGES is a very old file format, which only gives you surfaces. By necessity, there is a tolerance associated with these edges, which can lead to the poor quality you are seeing.

Since they are modeling in Creo, you should simply change the file format which they send you. Instead of IGES, ask for a STEP File, or a Parasolid file. Both of those solid modeling kernals will import into Mastercam with better quality than an IGES file.

• Like 1

Tell them Step files or you get what you get for bad parts from I guess it is close enough surface files that they cannot save correct because they don't know how to set the save tolerances correctly.

2 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

.But I thing the will be some setting on creo because I have always problem with one person ,from the other 2 is all good 

Where there is smoke there is fire and this person needs training.

• Like 1

I would suggest to your Engineer that they look at their Export Tolerances. This may be available in their main configuration (system settings), or it could be an option when they are performing the actual 'File Export', where there is an "options" button next to the File Handler option. (When they are selecting ".STP" or ".X_T", or ".IGS".)

It is likely that their default tolerance is something like "0.1 mm", or maybe "0.01 mm", and it really should be something like "0.001 mm" or "0.0001 mm", instead.

Please keep in mind, I don't know Creo very well at all, so these are simply general suggestions about where to look to find the Export Settings. You'd have to get advice from someone who really knows Creo for more specific instructions on how to do this...

• Like 1