Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G41/G42 INTEREFERENCE ALARM

So we have a Doosan Puma 3200LY and i am circle interpolating a hole using .001 lead-in and an arc in as well for smooth transition instead of forcing the endmill to slam into the wall at 90deg.  The alarm only happens when my machinist tries to open up the cutter comp beyond .001" on either direction ( +/-).  This happens on any hole size and e-mill.

So boss believes the solution is to remove the radius and go linear in perpendicular and remove the ramp in.   Her basic response was "Oh we had this issue all the time before and the fix was to remove the arc in".

I got a response back from the machine reseller saying that the issue is the "line length G41/G42 is max distance". 

I'm honestly not sure if this is a parameter setting limiting this or what?

So, i'm hoping to get some feedback on this, if anyone has any ideas?

-JD

If you're lead in at a .001 it has no way of comping more than +.001.

The same thing will happen if you have an internal radius smaller than your positive cutter comp diameter. Either use stock to leave or use the internal corner radius dialog box. Or use a longer lead in. Or indicate the endmill on so it's not running out

This is why I use circlemill as it is usually bulletproof for this as far as lead in goes

You can drop down tool size also it'll give you more room

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1