Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modeling classes?

Coco

51 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hello Thee Byte, the Mastercam 2021 book description does not mention anything about wireframe modeling.   Question: People do not use the "Wireframes" to create Solids?

Coco

Mastercam Creates some primitive shapes without the need of wireframe, like blocks ,cones and spheres .

More complex shapes would be created using wireframe.

52 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hello Thee Byte, the Mastercam 2021 book description does not mention anything about wireframe modeling.   Question: People do not use the "Wireframes" to create Solids?

Coco

Yes and no. Mastercam has Primitive shapes for Solids you can use and can make some pretty basic stuff using them, but to make really complex and integrate shapes you are best in any CAD Software drawing wireframe to accomplish that task.

1 minute ago, Thee Byte™ said:

Mastercam Creates some primitive shapes without the need of wireframe, like blocks ,cones and spheres .

More complex shapes would be created using wireframe.

No fair you beat me to the answer by a minute. :rant:

:rofl:

• Haha 1

"Illustrating a variety of useful Solids commands, users can expect detailed coverage to include Extrude, Loft, Revolve, Sweep, Boolean Add and Remove, Fillet, Chamfer, Shell, Trimming, Creating Solid patterns, Changing a Solids colors and creating solid geometry from surfaces. You will also learn how to manipulate a solid by using commands from the Model Prep menu such as Push-Pull, Move and Split Solid Face."

The highlighted functions are wireframe based.

49 minutes ago, Coco said:

Would the mastercam "Wireframe" tools be considered CAD software drawing tools to accomplish complex models like this example from Google?

Coco

95.png

Yes, however you would also most like use boolean and solid fillet.

The drawing you show has many details, but is not really complex. It would be time consuming but not difficult to draw in mastercam.

36 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

Yes, however you would also most like use boolean and solid fillet.

The drawing you show has many details, but is not really complex. It would be time consuming but not difficult to draw in mastercam.

How much time with a good drawing? I say no more than an hour maybe a little as 30 minutes if I was in a groove.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Coco said:

In the "Store" is there a way to see pictures of the modeling projects in the "Mastercam 2021 Solids Training Tutorial" book?  

I just want to see "what kind of models" are being taught in the book. 

I'm not asking to see the tutorials, I know the actual tutorial can only be viewed if you buy the book. 

https://www.emastercam.com/files/category/8-files-referenced-in-books-and-videos/

In the above link you will be able to download the files used in the books.

I would suggest to try and create something by yourself. For me personally, i find it easier to try things by myself then to follow a tutorial.

For some reason i cannot retain anything by just mimicking a tutorial. I prefer trial and error when learning something new.

If I get stuck then there is the benefit  of various forums and you tube to  help make something a little more clearer.

30 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hello AHarrison1, I have a question, there were 2 examples in that project download for the "Mastercam 2021 Solids training."  Are those 2 projects the only projects in the Mastercam solids book?

demo.thumb.png.f3d8161a655f7ea794322541ae23297a.png

I doubt that those are the only two, you can email info<at>inhousesolutions<dot>com, they should be able to fill you in on the details, you could also ask @DanielGingras, he makes a lot of the training material.

51 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hello AHarrison1, I have a question, there were 2 examples in that project download for the "Mastercam 2021 Solids training."  Are those 2 projects the only projects in the Mastercam solids book?

demo.thumb.png.f3d8161a655f7ea794322541ae23297a.png

Hello,

My apologies, it appears that the free sample PDFs have gone missing. I will get those attached to the books again shortly. In the meantime, here is the project list for the 2021 Solids TT book.

Pages from 2021 Solids TT Contents.pdf

• Like 3