Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Do they make a thinner pallet for the mam100?

17 hours ago, Leon82 said:

About a third of the y-axis travel is below the pallet face. We are looking at the machine for a project but we don't have enough y-axis travel to reach the top of the part.

PXL-20210126-203436211.jpg

Nope that is where you order a bigger machine or one without a pallet changer to avoid that loss of space. That is the trade off with a pallet changer is a smaller working part shape area.

1 minute ago, cncappsjames said:

Not that I condone this because I do not... :rofl: But, I did see someone machine Schunk Vero-S pockets into a machine table to maximize travel, so essentially the part was bolted directly to the machine table.

Having Recommended and done it I think it is a great thing to help utilize equipment and allow for quick changes out. I wish more machine builders offer the ability to interrogate systems like this in their pallets systems. Mattsurra does a good job with their pallet systems, but even with stand along machines a quick change process that is part of the machine really maximizes them.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:27 PM, cncappsjames said:

Not that I condone this because I do not... :rofl: But, I did see someone machine Schunk Vero-S pockets into a machine table to maximize travel, so essentially the part was bolted directly to the machine table.

Sometimes, you make a compromise where you have to, to satisfy someone else's desire to say; "See, I told you it would fit!", and you just make it work and move on...

• Like 2