Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camplete linearized my surface flowlinr arcs

Yes.

Go to Manage Ribbon > Resources > NC Formats.

In the dialog box, select your particular NC Format.

Hold down "SHIFT", and press Edit.

In the middle of the dialog box, you should see an "Auto-modifications" button. This is where the "auto modifications, like "linearizing" the path, are located.

If you have an existing Project, and don't want to reload everything, check the following:

Programs Ribbon > Toolpath Section > Modify

It will bring up a listing of the paths you want to modify. All should be checked by default. Press "OK".

In the 2nd dialog, there will be a list of checkboxes, including "Linearize". Uncheck that, and you should be back to the 'NCI Formatting' for the Lines/Arcs...

6 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

The modify check boxes are all off.

I don't see a setting for auto mods in the format when hitting shift. We are using 2018

Hmmm. I've only got 2019 and 2020 available, but that "Modify" panel should show you if there is 'linearize' option enabled.

Are you 100% sure the NCI data isn't point-to-point format?

If there is any doubt, try launching a different CAMplete file, using the CAMplete interface, and just give it a different name. Also, 'rename' your NCI File (NC File Name), before you do the export.

Ok, in the File IO Options in Tools, Options... go to the Mastercam in the pull-down and check the following;

• NCI - Arc Radius Maximum (0 for no maximum - mine is set to 0)
  • NCI - Arc Radius Tolerance - (mine is set to 0)
  • NCI - Circular Interpolation Move - Add Linear Move For Small Arcs (unchecked)
  • NCI - Circular Interpolation Move Tolerance (mine is set to .0001 in)
  • NCI - Convert Arcs To Points When Reading Rotary Axis Angle From Tool View (mine is unchecked)
  • Like 1
On 1/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, cncappsjames said:

Ok, in the File IO Options in Tools, Options... go to the Mastercam in the pull-down and check the following;

• NCI - Arc Radius Maximum (0 for no maximum - mine is set to 0)
  • NCI - Arc Radius Tolerance - (mine is set to 0)
  • NCI - Circular Interpolation Move - Add Linear Move For Small Arcs (unchecked)
  • NCI - Circular Interpolation Move Tolerance (mine is set to .0001 in)
  • NCI - Convert Arcs To Points When Reading Rotary Axis Angle From Tool View (mine is unchecked)

I believe those are the same ones you had me change. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

We are not supposed to have our phones on the ship floor soni have to write it on paper first

Stupid rules....  They have a purpose.  But when it comes to troubleshooting a problem there you should be able to have exceptions from time to time.

Another thing you can do is print from your phone.  See if you can set that up.....

• Like 2

The cell phone today, is yesteryear's scratchpad and notebook. I get it. People abuse the tool so nobody gets to use it. Typical. People/Companies are too lazy to create acceptable use policies for devices so they just kill it for everyone. Stupid. As a law abiding gun owner and CCW holder, I get blamed/regulated/penalized for every criminal/unlawful use of a firearm. It's bull$#!+!!!

My phone is a MASSIVE toolbox that would require me to have a Semi-Truck to store all the manuals and information I use on a regular basis.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

The cell phone today, is yesteryear's scratchpad and notebook. I get it. People abuse the tool so nobody gets to use it. Typical. People/Companies are too lazy to create acceptable use policies for devices so they just kill it for everyone. Stupid. As a law abiding gun owner and CCW holder, I get blamed/regulated/penalized for every criminal/unlawful use of a firearm. It's bull$#!+!!!

My phone is a MASSIVE toolbox that would require me to have a Semi-Truck to store all the manuals and information I use on a regular basis.

Funny as a contractor I never get that problem. I cannot use it some restricted areas and get that, but for the most part yeah my phone is a tool. 

• Like 1