Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multi axis deburr gone awry

Jespertech

hey guys, I'm working on a pretty basic part. nothing crazy. A couple holes, a few pockets bing bang boom, piece of cake.. so I thought.

Everything when ran through backplot looks correct yet when I run It through verify the radi on my pockets seem to be incomplete.. What made this known to me at first was the digging in of the tool on my debur toolpath. I was going to post and go and see if it was just a verify malfunction but then the code for my debur toolpath really set me off course.

I've tried adjusting my plane selection for the tool to correct the errors but nothing seems to work. I do have a multi axis seat and have used these toolpaths for mill turn parts before with no issue. I figured I'd come here to see if there is a workaround for this or something simple that I'm missing. bonus points if you can assist me on figuring out how to keep my g54 as the only plane while using toolpath transform in  the post. I've been manually deleting the various work offsets on those toolpaths to get by.  

emastercam deburr.mcam

Okay 5 things.

#1 make sure you go into your planes manger and set the workoffset for your TOP and RIGHT Plane to Zero.

#2 in the operation make sure you use mi4 to activate G107/G112 with a one.

#3 I never use +D+Z for my WCS. I always use TOP as my WCS for both the turning and the milling.

#4 On the deburring not sure how that is supported. I would model the chamfer and drive it with Parallel on the chamfer edges.

#5 You only need one Transform operation to transform all the Milling operations.

Here you go. 5th Axis Answer

Have a nice weekend. :thumbup:

• Thanks 2
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 6:51 PM, crazy^millman said:

Okay 5 things.

#1 make sure you go into your planes manger and set the workoffset for your TOP and RIGHT Plane to Zero.

#2 in the operation make sure you use mi4 to activate G107/G112 with a one.

#3 I never use +D+Z for my WCS. I always use TOP as my WCS for both the turning and the milling.

#4 On the deburring not sure how that is supported. I would model the chamfer and drive it with Parallel on the chamfer edges.

#5 You only need one Transform operation to transform all the Milling operations.

Here you go. 5th Axis Answer

Have a nice weekend. :thumbup:

Thanks Ron, that definitely helped 😁. I need to do more research into the different miscellaneous integers and how they effect the post. Most importantly for me setting the offsets to zero for the G54 is going to save so much time and help steer me towards a more "post and go" friendly environment. As for the deburr tool path she's a thing of beauty, I need to break my habit of leaving the edges sharp and trying to drive the path as if its a 2d chamfer. Thanks again for taking the time to help, Its much appreciated.

• Like 1