Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello everyone.

So I’m working with 3+2 axis machine right now, and I got this problem with plane that has to make the head rotation to correct angle. When I created my first plane from the surface I need to machine it was tilted little bit of the part(because the surface is not flat all the way), and when I generated the code I got the head rotation angle like this:

Q1570=-14;

Q1571=+0;

Q1572=-0.8;

Q1573=+0;

I ran the toolpath with this angle on the machine and found out that the end of the tool isn’t parallel to the surface I need, and after machining(above the part) some distance, the tool got higher then it was at the beginning of the pass. That made me realize that the plane to which the tool was rotated wasn’t parallel to the surface. Then I created a different plane and made it parallel to the needed surface, and it actually differs even visually from the previous plane that wasn’t parallel(see it on pics I attached). After that I changed the planes in my toolpath and generated the code again and.. nothing has changed. The angle to which Mastercam was rotating machine head was still the same: 

Q1570=-14;

Q1571=+0;

Q1572=-0.8;

Q1573=+0;

So I’m thinking that maybe I got something wrong going on with my planes in Mastercam. Also when I do other angled cuts with the head rotation in other places of the part, it places the head to the right angle that is parallel to a needed surface and it follows the toolpath just fine. Does someone know what am I missing? 
thank you

BFEC5433-F323-403C-9083-7A87AA059C79.png

4932857D-A00B-4EEB-B302-AE421B8F4A39.png

1 hour ago, Greg Williams said:

Could be a post issue, do you have a zip2go file that we can look at? Where did the post come from?

Here’s a link on a zip2go file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-XSkchXj8RdE-Is1-KMPeofE9VY4iRA8/view?usp=sharing

So I believe the post we got from postability.com

Also a year ago they were helping us with solving some issues that we had with head rotation and planes. Looks like there are still some problems that weren’t solved

3 hours ago, Timofei Kabodko said:

Here’s a link on a zip2go file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-XSkchXj8RdE-Is1-KMPeofE9VY4iRA8/view?usp=sharing

So I believe the post we got from postability.com

Also a year ago they were helping us with solving some issues that we had with head rotation and planes. Looks like there are still some problems that weren’t solved

If you paid for the Post from Postability, then you should contact Dave Thompson and get those issues solved. Dave is a fantastic Post Developer, but you've also got to do your due diligence, and provide sample code or perform tests on the machine to verify the NC Code works as intended.

Also, all 5-Axis Posts use Miscellaneous Integers and Real Numbers, as inputs at the Operation Level, to control the Post output. Did you get a copy of the 'Applications Guide' for your Post? (Dave has a PDF File that tells you how to use these switches.)

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

If you paid for the Post from Postability, then you should contact Dave Thompson and get those issues solved. Dave is a fantastic Post Developer, but you've also got to do your due diligence, and provide sample code or perform tests on the machine to verify the NC Code works as intended.

Also, all 5-Axis Posts use Miscellaneous Integers and Real Numbers, as inputs at the Operation Level, to control the Post output. Did you get a copy of the 'Applications Guide' for your Post? (Dave has a PDF File that tells you how to use these switches.)

That’s what I thought after “Greg Williams” told that the issue is with the post. It was pretty obvious but I didn’t think of it right away. Thanks to everyone who helped me to this point!