Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Number of Skimpass in an operation

Hi to all. I have a question for you. I know that the pass$ give me the current pass number and Skimpass$ give me de current multiple pass, but I need to know the total number of skimpass in every operation. Is there any variable for that?. Thanks for your help.

edit:

It is a wire post. Sorry

1 hour ago, eltklas said:

Hi to all. I have a question for you. I know that the pass$ give me the current pass number and Skimpass$ give me de current multiple pass, but I need to know the total number of skimpass in every operation. Is there any variable for that?. Thanks for your help.

edit:

It is a wire post. Sorry

Probably not, but a simple math process would give you the end results. pass$ + skimpass$ = elpass  You would just need to define elpass in your post and then output that where you want it and should be good to go.

But skimpass only give if it is the first, the last or if it is in the middle. if I dont have skimpass its value will be 0, but if I have 4 passes skimpass will be 1 in the first, -1 in the second and in the third, and in the fourth it will be -2. I need to know that are 4 passes. That is the question. How can I konw this?. 

Thanks for your answers.

46 minutes ago, eltklas said:

2021-02-06_21-22-29.jpg.4cf227c9be7218d60f7b6a1769d2af07.jpg

I was searching in the documentation, but I dont know if I can use those values in any part of the post and how can I call the value from the post.  Is there other way  to know the number of passes from the post in every operation. 

Thanks to all for reading.

Best to put together a z2g wit ha sample and then someone can see what you are seeing to help. Until then we are playing darts in a room with no lights facing the wrong direction blind folded with our hand tied behind our back trying to hit a dart board in a different state after being spun around a 100 times.

1821353517_ONATEST.thumb.jpg.bf00ecc6c8e9267d73bc583ede6f9d01.jpg

As you can see at picture, I have 4 operations, every one have more passes. I need to add a special value to the line

TECH THICK 100. CRIT 0 "TRIM VALUE"

This line is generated in every pass to charge machine tech, I need to add at the end the word TRIM and de number of skimpasses. I have to do more changes but If I have the value I use it for those changes.

Thanks

ONA TEST.Z2G

ONA TEST.NC

13 hours ago, eltklas said:

1821353517_ONATEST.thumb.jpg.bf00ecc6c8e9267d73bc583ede6f9d01.jpg

As you can see at picture, I have 4 operations, every one have more passes. I need to add a special value to the line

TECH THICK 100. CRIT 0 "TRIM VALUE"

This line is generated in every pass to charge machine tech, I need to add at the end the word TRIM and de number of skimpasses. I have to do more changes but If I have the value I use it for those changes.

Thanks

ONA TEST.Z2G

ONA TEST.NC

That is a snaggle tooth you wrangled there. I think you are on the right track with a buffer for that version. Thanks for posting up your file and that is so old of a post and not having that version hard to point you in the right direction. Hopefully one of the post guru's chime in to point you in the right direction.

38 minutes ago, eltklas said:

thanks. Buffer is a mistery for me. If someone could show me how it eorks?. I found a post here but my english is bad and I cant understand it.

It explains how it works, but I cant apply to my post.

Thanks to all

Me as well even after almost 20 years of using Mastercam I cannot say I fully grasp how they work.