Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Understanding blueprint?

Coco

17 minutes ago, Coco said:

So not a Guru, thank you for the tip, "The .375-16UNC callout is the SAE thread size in diameter & threads per inch the .875 following the depth symbol is the depth that the hole is tapped to."

I'm going to start learning that, today.

test.png

Pay attention to the general note about fillets and rounds of .06. I see them missing on your model.

The demo of Mastercam does not do tool paths.  So I just punched a hole with a diameter of .375  and a depth of 0.875.

Thank you for all your help "Crazy^millman", "So not a Guru", and "Rekd."  I learned a lot.

Any suggestions on a new free blueprint to model and learn more?

Cheers,

test.png

52 minutes ago, Coco said:

It is awesome that you are eager to learn!! Just remember a career in manufacturing is a marathon and not a sprint. You will be learning the rest of your life and hopefully you enjoy it and are successful! 

Remember to pay it forward and help others when ever you can.

Keep practicing!

55 minutes ago, Coco said:

The demo of Mastercam does not do tool paths.

It creates toolpaths but you can not generate code from it AFAIK.

2 hours ago, Coco said:

The demo of Mastercam does not do tool paths.  So I just punched a hole with a diameter of .375  and a depth of 0.875.

Thank you for all your help "Crazy^millman", "So not a Guru", and "Rekd."  I learned a lot.

Cheers,

test.png

Excellent work please know I am proud to see your work and effort. Are you aware your model is not finished? Pay close attention to the ISO view and the edge breaks and fillets. Your model is missing them. Sorry I am out of space to share pictures on the forum or I would blow up the ISO view to show you want I am seeing and what is missing my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Coco said:

Found the two bottom edges, you mentioned.  I updated the model.  

Thank you so much for all your help, Crazy^Millman.  :)

test.png

Honestly thank you for listening and realizing I am try to help make you better. We can all learn something for each other and humbleness is a hard thing to find now a days. I know what I know and glad to know it, but it comes from 30+ years of doing this. I will stick to my methods until i see a reason to back up and see there is a better way. Not that I have it figured out every time, but I generally have a good idea how something is going to work or heads in from that experience. That is what you now have to be on in your journey is learning and growing your experience. Once you do then years from now you can look back and say I get why that crazy^Millman was telling me to worry about those stupid edges breaks and fillets on that model.