Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G08 vs G05.1

So not a Guru

3 minutes ago, PAnderson said:

Then there is G05 P10000 but who keeps track?

The sales guy thinking going cheaper will help them make the sale and not caring if it really benefits the customer or not.

I have seen 5 Axis machines sold without TCP and DWO just to make the sale. Then the customer is stuck with the machine and has to have the option added after they realize they must have them. I seen complete cells put in one place and they still haven't finishing paying for them after sitting on the floor for 4 years. They are making parts and still complaining about this and that to not have to finish paying for them so it works both ways.

2 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

I'm of the opinion that if you buy that kind of machine but can't afford to make it do what it was designed to do, you shouldn't even be getting in the game in the first place.

May as well put radials on an F1. Seriously.

I installed a DVF5000 in Buffalo just before COVID. We got the machine all dialed in and I asked him if he bought tool holders. He pointed to a shallow box on a pallet nearby and I see about 200 holders from god knows how long ago thrown in helter skelter. Fretted, dinged, old collet holders, side lock holders from the 80's. I cried but kept my mouth shut.

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, PAnderson said:

..... I asked him if he bought tool holders. He pointed to a shallow box on a pallet nearby and I see about 200 holders from god knows how long ago thrown in helter skelter. Fretted, dinged, old collet holders, side lock holders from the 80's. I cried but kept my mouth shut.

Believe it or not, I see that on occasion going into a Matsuura as well.

In my 5-Axis training kit; JM Performance high strength pull studs, BigKaiser Hydraulic and ER Collet adapters, Rego-Fix precision collets, Frasia, Kennametal, and Harvey cutting tools, Raptor Adapter plates and risers, and Schunk KSC vices in a rolling Pelican Case.

I can't very well recommend customers buy quality stuff if I roll up with run of the mill garbage now can I?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cncappsjames said:

Believe it or not, I see that on occasion going into a Matsuura as well.

In my 5-Axis training kit; JM Performance high strength pull studs, BigKaiser Hydraulic and ER Collet adapters, Rego-Fix precision collets, Frasia, Kennametal, and Harvey cutting tools, Raptor Adapter plates and risers, and Schunk KSC vices in a rolling Pelican Case.

I can't very well recommend customers buy quality stuff if I roll up with run of the mill garbage now can I?

I remember you and I talking about said kit. I remembering mentioning a kit like that for going out and testing MT machines and getting a blank look like are you crazy. Well yes I am, but ignore than and do it the right way and make a good impression. :rofl:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Leon82 said:

And I can't understand why there is no er11 for hsk30. The er25 looks ridiculous with that small taper.

You sure it's not HSK32? Here's an ER16. Not an 11, but close.

https://www.guhring.com/ProductsServices/SizeDetails?EDP=9043970160320&fromResults=True

I've got some ER11 for our HSK 40E's... I'll find the manufacturer next time I go in the office.

7 hours ago, JB7280 said:

So I've never heard of JM Performance (We use lyndex and big kaiser pull studs in our Matsuura and Yasda) and until I googled, I assumed JM was your initials, and they were pull studs you made!!😂🤣

Definitely not me. :rofl:  We've had a few issues over the years with a few pull studs so as a group we got together and agreed on a reccomendation. We narrowed it down to 2; JM Performance and BigKaiser. Their stuff is unquestionably the best.

6 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Yea hsk32

I'll check the holders in the office. I think I gotta drop in there tomorrow to grab something that I'm going to need from there next week.

Here's a thread which tells you how to check what options you have on your machine, it also links to other info.

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/fanuc-hsm-g08-g05-1-settings-171099/

G05 is only better, if you have the options installed. Otherwise it runs the same as G08.

Block lookahead is dependent upon the amount set in a parameter (upto the maximum allowable number),

G05.1 basic is worth having though - IME it gave 10% cycle reduction per hour on every machine and every job - from slow running steel to high running ally (7 VMCs).

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cncappsjames said:
On 2/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, JB7280 said:

So I've never heard of JM Performance (We use lyndex and big kaiser pull studs in our Matsuura and Yasda) and until I googled, I assumed JM was your initials, and they were pull studs you made!!😂🤣

Definitely not me. :rofl:  We've had a few issues over the years with a few pull studs so as a group we got together and agreed on a reccomendation. We narrowed it down to 2; JM Performance and BigKaiser. Their stuff is unquestionably the best.

😂😂😂