I am working on trying to nest multiple parts (they are all different) and making sure the toolpaths are in a certain order.  The program will need to use the same cutters, but at different times throughout the machining of the nest.  Due to that fact, I have to manually sort the tool paths and add machining index numbers to every tool path one by one which is quite time consuming.  I am just wondering if there is a way to add the machining index number for the order of operations to the tool path when you are programming the part, or at least a way to add the machining index numbers faster than one at a time? 

Thank you

ops.PNG.3430fca161440783ee3480f98a039e0a.PNG 

Byte you have been summoned. Please step in and help this person.

Peter will be along soon enough to point you in the right direction he is the nesting guru in my humble opinion.

10 minutes ago, GooldenG said:

I am working on trying to nest multiple parts (they are all different) and making sure the toolpaths are in a certain order.  The program will need to use the same cutters, but at different times throughout the machining of the nest.  Due to that fact, I have to manually sort the tool paths and add machining index numbers to every tool path one by one which is quite time consuming.  I am just wondering if there is a way to add the machining index number for the order of operations to the tool path when you are programming the part, or at least a way to add the machining index numbers faster than one at a time? 

Thank you

ops.PNG.3430fca161440783ee3480f98a039e0a.PNG 

No, you don't have to do that, there is an option in nesting -> ascending or descending order, then you could assign different toolnumbers for the same tool i.e. 3 will come before 103 before 203

So the operation will be sorted in order based on your toolnumber

So then would I need to go through and change all the tool numbers back after posting out the program, or could I just make my post processor do all the work?  

I guess I just wish there was a way to add the index numbers to the toolpath during the programming of the part.

1 minute ago, GooldenG said:

So then would I need to go through and change all the tool numbers back after posting out the program, or could I just make my post processor do all the work?  

I guess I just wish there was a way to add the index numbers to the toolpath during the programming of the part.

You should define multiple tooloffsets for the same pocket on the machine.

If you had to you could use the replace all function in codeexpert to switch the numbers after posting.

Thank you all for your help and input I appreciate it.  I will try it out.

• Like 1