Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a post for version 7.1 to Haas for DM1

3 minutes ago, norseman9 said:

I have asked my reseller, he suggested I come here.  I guess I am asking for help.  Is help not allowed here?

If you can share an example of the Mastercam file that you want to upgrade from v-7 to 2021, I'm sure someone will accommodate you. 

1 hour ago, norseman9 said:

I have asked my reseller, he suggested I come here.  I guess I am asking for help.  Is help not allowed here?

Yes and helped thousands of people over the years, but asking for a post is not allowed on this forum. We lost OT because people didn't follow rules and not going to loose the whole forum because you or anyone else feels they can come into here not read the rules and then break them and then think we are not here to help them.

New normal break the rules then try to guilt those following them into breaking them.

1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

We lost OT because people didn't follow rules and not going to loose the whole forum because you or anyone else feels they can come into here not read the rules and then break them and then think we are not here to help them.

OT ?

Never heard of it.  😂

On 2/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, #Rekd™ said:

Help is always offered here. Post creation is a business, you get what you pay for. 

If you have MC2021 why would you want a V7 post?  

I am not asking for a free post.  I am asking for help in getting a post.  I was just assuming that there is a lot of mastercam knowledge here. I thought it was the place to ask for help.  Excuse me.  I read the "rules" that say not to ask for posts and they also say to read the wiki, which does not exist.  Again, I am just asking for help in finding a post.  If there is no help then that's fine or if asking for help finding a post is also some kind of verboten subject, I apologize.  As I said, I have over 30,000 programs in version 7.1 that I still need to post to my new Haas machines.  That is why I need the post.  Mastercam has told me that I cannot import MC7 files into my new Mastercam 2021.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:59 PM, Thee Byte™ said:

OT ?

Never heard of it.  😂

On 2/12/2021 at 5:59 PM, Thee Byte™ said:

OT ?

Never heard of it.  😂

On 2/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, Thee Byte™ said:

If you can share an example of the Mastercam file that you want to upgrade from v-7 to 2021, I'm sure someone will accommodate you. 

So  upload an MC7 file?  I can do that.  However, I'm not so much wanting to upgrade a file to 2021 (although that is a possibility).  I am more into trying to be able to use my brand new Haas machines with my Mastercam 7.1.  Thanks

5 minutes ago, norseman9 said:

That is why I need the post.  Mastercam has told me that I cannot import MC7 files into my new Mastercam 2021.

No, but you can Do V7 to X7 to X9 to 2021. Sorry I have stuff going back 25 years and nothing that far back for a post. There are automatic things that can be done to convert older files to more current versions.

20 minutes ago, norseman9 said:

So  upload an MC7 file?  I can do that.  However, I'm not so much wanting to upgrade a file to 2021 (although that is a possibility).  I am more into trying to be able to use my brand new Haas machines with my Mastercam 7.1.  Thanks

See the solution by GCode above.

21 minutes ago, norseman9 said:

I am not asking for a free post.  I am asking for help in getting a post.  I was just assuming that there is a lot of mastercam knowledge here. I thought it was the place to ask for help.  Excuse me.  I read the "rules" that say not to ask for posts and they also say to read the wiki, which does not exist.  Again, I am just asking for help in finding a post.  If there is no help then that's fine or if asking for help finding a post is also some kind of verboten subject, I apologize.  As I said, I have over 30,000 programs in version 7.1 that I still need to post to my new Haas machines.  That is why I need the post.  Mastercam has told me that I cannot import MC7 files into my new Mastercam 2021.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, gcode said:

From V7, post out NCI

Import the NCI into MC2021 and post

gcode already provided the answer, you need to post an nci from Mastercam 7.1 then import the nci into Mastercam 2021 using the utility "Import Nci" gcode says.

I saw Cnc Software replied to your post on their site, you should contact them, they can help.

26 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

gcode already provided the answer, you need to post an nci from Mastercam 7.1 then import the nci into Mastercam 2021 using the utility "Import Nci" gcode says.

I saw Cnc Software replied to your post on their site, you should contact them, they can help.

Is an NCI the MC7 file?

16 minutes ago, norseman9 said:

Is an NCI the MC7 file?

NCI is a generic centerline output from Mastercam that the Post then converts to NC code. By taking the NCI from V7 and importing it into 2021 you are in essence taking a universal language for Mastercam and using it to create NC code from the V7 file in the 2021. Now if you have to create the RAW NCI in V7 and if you're going through that step you should just take the time and convert them to 2021 files and then have that as the process moving forward. Again with 30k of files make an automated process and let a computer do that for the next few weeks and work on more important work focusing on the important files that are needed now.

Just curious 30k files and almost 30 years and now made the move what gives? Why now? What made this now important to do? I think its more like 20-100 files and yes you may have 30k of files, but really cannot believe you need to post code from 30k of V7 Mastercam files all of a sudden.

13 hours ago, norseman9 said:

Is an NCI the MC7 file?

Helping you is difficult for a couple of reason.. mostly because you are asking help for 25 year old software

I am amazed you have been able keep a computer running that can run V7.

Anybody who wanted to help you would also need such a computer  I don't have one so I'm working from 25 year old memories

NCI is the intermediate code between Mastercam and the post processor

In modern versions of Mastercam  graphics to NC files is seamless and most users don't even know about NCI

I believe V7 created NCI automatically during the posting process

You might try looking here

"C:\Mcam7\Mill\NCI"

In V9 if I hit the post utility and then the file type drop down I have a choice between NCI and "all Files"

If I chose NCI, I get NCI

All files yields NC code

Next, in MC2021 add Import NCI  to you QA toolbar and use it to import the NCI

In my experiment I got yelled at because my NCI was metric and my Hass post was English

I also got yelled at  about tool libraries. 

You may need to replicate your V7 tool libraries in MC2021 for this to work

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...