Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming Mastercam Communication Software like Cimco DNC

MKTech

I want to program a communication software like Cimco Edit, which changes some things on the posted file and copies it to the right place.

This is all no problem, but when I select my app in the Mastercam configuration -> Communication it still opens Cimco Edit.

How can I make Mastercam pass the path of my app?

I have already tried with Serial Port and set the same settings that Cimco has

I program on Visual Studio 2017 with VB.NET

Thanks for your help

Yes I know how to select the program here, only the programming of the VB.NET program that I select here does not work.

I selected here my .exe, but it still opened Cimco Edit

How do I have to program the app?
Or what do I have to pay attention to when programming the serialport. Like a specific handshake?

under file --> configuration --> start/exit page you can change the editor that the nc file gets posted to if that is what you are asking. just go to the start/exit page in the config and where there is editor you can choose other and select any app from its install directory. 

• Thanks 1