Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mouse Gestures

6105Moss

Have you tired a 3D Mouse with the left hand and never even touch teh mouse in the right? 🤔

Here is the one I have used for years. Spacemouse Pro Wireless

Fix, Zoom, Enter, Esc, Fit, Zoom/Pan, Top, Front, Right all on the Left hand no need for gextures for the mouse being used in the right hand. Plus the 3D moving without even touching the Right Hand Mouse.

56 minutes ago, PAnderson said:

I got a Spaceball in the 90's and have never not used one of some kind. I'm freaking lost without my puck now if I don't have it. I have 3 now, work, home and on the road. The new ones can work outside of any CAM/CAD. Like in Windows for some applications.

Yes I use them in PDFS and other applications also. I have a Home one and a Travel one.

I use a logitech proteus g502 mouse for programming and it has several programmable macro buttons that I have customized in Mastercam. You can customize your mouse to do the things you suggest. For example my mouse buttons can do Iso View and Fit. Which is exactly what you want....

Saying you're too uncoordinated for a space mouse is a cop out. Its not that hard to learn and it also has programmable macros. I have the basic space mouse but the Enterprise or elite one has a ton of customizable hot keys.

Also there are regular mice that have like 15 programmable buttons you can buy.

It has nothing to do with mastercam, it has everything to do with your attitude and lack of willingness to try....

image.png.ddd7d2badf9b946097d80a801ee478fc.png

Thank you Metallic for your advice. I didn't think I was blaming mastercam for anything. Seems like a

reasonable question to ask. Mastercam is always adding and taking away. Wouldn't think it to be to

difficult to add to software. I do not understand why sir you included the customize menu in your post. 

2 hours ago, 6105Moss said:

Thank you Metallic for your advice. I didn't think I was blaming mastercam for anything. Seems like a

reasonable question to ask. Mastercam is always adding and taking away. Wouldn't think it to be to

difficult to add to software. I do not understand why sir you included the customize menu in your post. 

Sorry for coming off as holier than thou.

I showed the customize window because that is where you can create custom hotkeys. For ex I use Analyze Distance as one of my hotkeys for my mouse, so I program a custom keyboard chain for that particular function. With Logitech software you can then input the same keystroke chain and it will then link that fucntion to your mouse.

I do agree it would be nice to have that functionality built in but it isn't a deal breaker.

You guys that can use two mice at a time are definitely bad-xxxx.

Thanks again for your input. Anyone who wants to give mouse  gestures a try

Mouse wrangler is a free program that works pretty well and gives you eight gestures.

It worked in previous mastercam versions but I can not get it to work with 2021.