Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G10

So not a Guru

I'm trying to make up some in house manual entry operations that will set some G10 offsets. I wanted to generate a document that we can easily understand & that got me thinking about how lacking my knowledge of G10s capabilities is.

Can y'all school me on what it can do? This is basically all I know about it:

G10 COMMAND VARIABLES for FANUC type CONTROLS

Calling G90 before a G10 call will replace the value in the register

Calling G91 before a G10 call will ad the value to what is already in the register

FOR TYPE A, B & C CONTROLS:

·        L2 is Common & G54 – G59 work offsets

o   P0=G52 (Common), P1=G54, P2=G55…P6=G59

§  Xn the 1st axis offset value; Yn the 2nd axis offset value; Zn the 3rd axis offset value; An (or Bn) the 4th axis offset value; Cn the 5th axis offset value

§  Example

·        G90 G10 L2 P1 X1.0 Y1.0 Z1.0 A90.0 C270.0

G54

X

Y

Z

A

C

·        L20 is auxiliary or expanded work offsets

o   P1=G54.1 P1, P2=G54.1 P2…P48=G54.1 P48

FOR TYPE C CONTROLS:

·        L10 is tool length (H) Geometry offsets

o   Pn is the tool number (or offset number, if it is different from the tool number)

§  Rn is the axial geometry offset value

·        L11 is tool length (H) Wear offsets

o   Pn is the tool number (or offset number, if it is different from the tool number)

§  Rn is the axial wear offset value

·        L12 is the radius (D) Geometry offsets

§  Rn is the radial geometry offset value

·        L13 is the radius (D) Wear offsets

§  Rn is the radial wear offset value

Using G10 you can write to parameters, the offset tables you mentioned also you can write to the WSEC Offset Table and the RTDFO Offset Table. 3D Tool Comp CR Columns..

Those are all the ones I use on a fairly regular basis.

WSEC (G54.4 P1 - P7)

G10L23P1X0.0Y0.0Z0.0A0.0B0.0C0.0I0.0J0.0

G11

RTDFO (G54.2 P1 - P8)

G10L23P3X0.0Y0.0Z0.0B0.0

G11

Writing to the F/G I/O Channel Parameter

G90G10L52(WRITING TO PARAMETERS)
N20R4(CHANGE TO FLASH CARD)
G11(FINISH WRITING TO PARAMETERS)

(0 and 1 = RS232)
(4 = CARD)
(5 = DATASERVER)

3D Tool Comp Corner Rad Geometry and Wear

G10G90L110P1R0.000 (G)

G10G90L111P1R0.000 (W)

G11

Always remember to use G11 after you're done. Odd things can happen if you have probes and lasers and you don't close it out.

HTH

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Always remember to use G11 after you're done. Odd things can happen if you have probes and lasers and you don't close it out.

This is exactly why I put this up here!

I've never used G10,  for the last 20 years, for fixture offsets, I've always just used:

#5021= x.xxxx

#5022= y.yyyy

#5023= z.zzzz etc.

I just decided we would probably be better off following the standard protocol for this (G10), and I would have completely missed this uber-important bit. 😟

Thanks James!

• Like 2

That is the other way; by direct variable. That is 100% good to go as well. It all depends on what the end game is. If you need to do some math to an individual axis, variable nunmber/name( #5221=xxxxx/[#_WZG54[1]]=xxxxx) is the more straight forward way to go IMHO.

G90G10L2P1X[#_ABSMT[1]]Y[#_ABSMT[2]]Z[#_ABSMT[3]]A[#_ABSMT[4]]C[#_ABSMT[5]]

G11

G90G10L2P1X#5021Y#5022Z#5023A#5024C#5025

G11

Your variable example (current machine position X, Y, and X) name is 

[#_ABSMT[1]]

[#_ABSMT[2]]

[#_ABSMT[3]]

#5221=#5021

#5222=#5022

#5223=#5023

#5224=#5024

#5225=#5025

Many ways to skin the cat. By direct variable number writing, no need to G11. When using G10, shoudl use g11.

hth

• Like 1

I not sure...(James?)....there were some differences between oiC controls and now the later oiD/F etc going forwards in at least one format.

I had 5x rotaries of which there were 3x different motors and configurations, but were all wired the same electrically.

I had a Mcode which called a hidden 9000 prog for each individual rotary which specified motor type, motor direction, rapid and max feed etc, and this was in each machine.

So the process was (with power off) mount rotary, connect air and power, power machine, MDI M123 (for one of the rotaries), this calls prog number O9004 which runs in the background opening up the PWE, writes the parameters, closes the PWE,  and then the control would say power off.

So NC off and we'd also power off isolator and wait 30 secs and power all back up and we were good to go.

This was all thanks to the power of G10.

But for the C (and previous controls) opening line is G10L50 and for the D (and later and 30 series I believe), the opening line is G10L52.

Not related to what you're discussing LoL but it gives an example of how cool the G10 command is.

There are some distinct differences in G10 (with regard to writing to parameters) in the different generations of controls.

0i-C and 0i-D are more like 16i/18i generation controls, and the 0i-F is more like 30i/31i Series controls.

16i/18i sample;

G90G10L50(WRITING TO PARAMETERS)
N20R4(I/O CHANNEL TO CARD)

30i/30i Sample

G90G10L52(WRITING TO PARAMETERS)
N20R4(CHANGE TO FLASH CARD)

It's just a number but it's a very important number.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 9:37 AM, cncappsjames said:

Interesting, I've always used G10 to write offsets and have never known about this.  I wonder how many times I've banged my head against the wall when this was the problem.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...