Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform toolpath will not regenerate!!!!!!!!!!

Rob B

47 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I just got it to regen when I changed "Source" from geometry to "NCI" the toolpath size is huge, But it will regen. I have never used NCI for source. Is this safe?  Also, my stock for this operation is a solid on Level 10.

All I every use is NCI for this very reason. Never failed me and I have run some 4 million line code programs with Transfrom in them.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Can I set my defaults on "Transform Toolpath" like setting other defaults in other toolpaths!!!!  Thanks Crazy for your input. I feel safe to move forward!!!!

Yes you can set your defaults for that operation and have it follow that method always moving forward as the default.

Not really sure what by Geometry is meant to accomplish to be honest with you. I think there are some instances where you may need it, but so far I have seen it create lag and issues using it so I just default to NCI and call it a day. What are missing out by not using by Geometry I am all ears to hear about.

• Thanks 1
On 2/20/2021 at 11:57 AM, Rob B said:

Can I set my defaults on "Transform Toolpath" like setting other defaults in other toolpaths!!!!  Thanks Crazy for your input. I feel safe to move forward!!!!

Transform usually works, I have seen it blatantly not work and the simulator lie and show a good result, then every transform instance was off except the first.

Doing a sanity check if high value parts is a good idea.

This was in x7 I think, haven't trusted transform since.

6 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Perhaps geometry is so that you can individually change start/end characteristics of a chain? 🤷‍♂️

If the toolpath was destined for toolpath nesting, transform would not be an option, the same would go for remachining using nci as a base, or any other operation using another operations nci, nestings tool re-order will butcher those operations.

(For remachining we would prefer tool diameter instead of nci) 

The start end point of a chain could also be an example, or tab positions of applicable.

When cutting on a router with thin outside sheet margins, we would want to place the tabs and entry away from the outer wall to prevent it from breaking.

1 hour ago, Leon82 said:

Geometry takes longer to regen I have noticed.

What does it mean when it puts the repaired nci in the comment box?

Sounds like the developer output a message to the comment that something went wrong in the nci and was fixed, that might not be intentional.

I would contact QC..