Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPLMASTER Post C axis milling

GGORR

Hi all 

I have modified the MPLMASTER lathe post to suit our puma with live tooling 

The problem I'm having is when I output for C axis milling the X values are outputting in diameter instead of radial

I have changed the following switch to change this but doesn't seem to be changing it 

#Interpolation Output Settings
g107crad      : 0    #0 = radius, 1 = diameter
g112address   : 1    #0 = Y, 1 = C

Is this the correct place to change this  if not could someone help me out please 

Kind Regards Graeme

You need to look at modifying the 'scase' strings for Turret settings. This uses a 'license plate numbering scheme', where each digit in the string represents the state of an individual function.

0112100.01001100 < Each Digit controls a different function. 

Read the comments above the section, to see how to configure each option.

• 3 months later...

this is controlled by the variable rot_type which should be set by the MD.

If you suspect your MD is not being read in, you can go directly to where its initialized and try changing the starting value to 2 and test this out. If the MD is not being read, then this will make the post use shortest direction.

If that doesn't give you shortest direciton, the the MD is still over writing. You will want to check your MD settings and make sure they were saved properly, and be sure to re-load your machine definition into the part (mcam files hold the state of the machine and control definition the last time the file was saved and do not actively read in the changes made to the MD and CD) 

Here is a link to our website for more on reloading machine definitions. http://www.inhousesolutions.com/2015/11/reloading-machine/

If none of that works, you could try defining rot_type as a global formula by changing the initalization from rot_type : 2 to rot_type = 2. I wouldn't necessarily advise this especially if you haven't exhausted all the above options, but it *should* work :)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

this is controlled by the variable rot_type which should be set by the MD.

If you suspect your MD is not being read in, you can go directly to where its initialized and try changing the starting value to 2 and test this out. If the MD is not being read, then this will make the post use shortest direction.

If that doesn't give you shortest direciton, the the MD is still over writing. You will want to check your MD settings and make sure they were saved properly, and be sure to re-load your machine definition into the part (mcam files hold the state of the machine and control definition the last time the file was saved and do not actively read in the changes made to the MD and CD) 

Here is a link to our website for more on reloading machine definitions. http://www.inhousesolutions.com/2015/11/reloading-machine/

If none of that works, you could try defining rot_type as a global formula by changing the initalization from rot_type : 2 to rot_type = 2. I wouldn't necessarily advise this especially if you haven't exhausted all the above options, but it *should* work :)

Thank you Mr. Alex  😀 

• Like 2