Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G68 and G69 codes

Sam1

Hello all

I have question that is not directly related to Mastercam.  I am working on CNC router (5 Axis) that is Fanuc control, machine table is fix, so I cannot rotate program in X, Y direction. I am trying to use (G68 X0. Y0. R2.), R is angle of rotation. When I type command machine gives alarm. Can someone please help.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Don't you use IJK to define the rotation?

You don't have to for a standard one axis G68 coordinate rotation, at least I don't recall you had to with the old 16 controls anyways.  On on 31i controls an use IJK to specify which axis you are going to rotate about and it will give you a format axis error if you don't. 

Assuming Z rotation, you would be looking at: G68 X0 Y0 Z0 I0 J0 K1 R2.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...