Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Depth cut order "By depth" broken?

Jaz

When I drive a simple contour with several chains and try to set the cut order of the depth cuts to "By depth" the retract between cuts is very high (like 500") no matter what settings for a clearance plane I set.  What am I missing?

Running MC2019

14 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

Only use clearance at start and end of toolpath.

Its up nestled under Clearance. Will go to Retract height except enter and exit (to clearance).

Mind the Absolute/ Incremental settings...

No, that's not it.

It used to work.  I guess it's broken now.

Just now, neurosis said:

I haven't tinkered with this much in 2019, but when I pull it in to 2021 it fixes the issue. 

I know that doesn't help you right now, but either something is wrong with the file, or something is bugged in 2019. 

No it is a Absolute to incremental issue. Switched all the values to absolute and problem went away.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

No it is a Absolute to incremental issue. Switched all the values to absolute and problem went away.

On his original file, in 2019, I switched everything and even removed the clearance all together.  For some reason the tool wants to feed from some where in space. 

When I opened the file in 2021 it was fixed without having to modify anything.

Edit: scratch that - the one thing that I didn't do is exactly what you said.  Set the feed plane to absolute.  :shock:

This is 2021 without adjusting anything. 

fmBN1cd.png

If you remove the clearance all together, for some reason its feeding from outer space.   :lol:    

rP6xAZX.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ocean Lacky™ said:

In 2022 BETA, I added the check shown and I think it what you're looking for? 

There is something going on in 2019 that is causing the tool to feed down from who knows where.  It does it even with the Clearance and retract turned completely off.

I've pulled the file in to both 2021 and 2022 and the issue goes away without having to change anything. 

Rons solutions works in 2019.

I should add, it also works (works better anyway) if you change the feed plane to associative and select the chained geometry.

Edited by neurosis
  • Like 1