Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotator location on 4+1 fanuc series 31i - modal b5

Seedy steve

Some where in the control, I should have taken notes last time...

There is the location defined for my 5th axis. 

Doosan VCF 850 LSR 4+1 with fanuc  series 31i - modal b5

can any one tell me how to find the field where I need to update the Y location of my rotator?

when it turns the plane with g68.2  it goes out of alignment to the actual center ever since I had to move the thing.

my g55 is good to the rotator and manual indexing works ok.

your attention is greatly appreciated in this matter,,

thanks all.

Steve

On 3/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, Seedy steve said:

Some where in the control, I should have taken notes last time...

There is the location defined for my 5th axis. 

Doosan VCF 850 LSR 4+1 with fanuc  series 31i - modal b5

can any one tell me how to find the field where I need to update the Y location of my rotator?

when it turns the plane with g68.2  it goes out of alignment to the actual center ever since I had to move the thing.

my g55 is good to the rotator and manual indexing works ok.

your attention is greatly appreciated in this matter,,

thanks all.

Steve

I work for Dosan. If the above is true about the machine going out after moving the machine, then correcting the 19700-19705 parameters will not work like you think. The machine MUST be mechanically re-alligned before resetting these parameters. There is also a good chance that those parameters need not be changed if the mechanical soundness of the machine is restored. The VCF850 also has an app for checking these parameters. It's called DCPi and you will find it in the EOP screen. DCPi can be run and if errors are found, it's a good idea to check the machine mechanically. All axis MUST be alligned to one another or the COR cannot be found accurately.

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
On 3/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, PAnderson said:

If the above is true about the machine going out after moving the machine,

Thanks for the extra info. Paul

Sorry to be unclear . I moved just the rotator, not the machine. So it looks like it was the adjustment that I needed. only the Y... Z is obviously unchanged.

what is EOP? and COR? I'll bet the machine is not Perfect by a long shot. 

When I Started on it last year, the column had to be Shimmed over, as the travel in Z was not square with the table!. a cylindrical Square showed about .012" over 18" Yup! 12 thou. our Maint. guys fixed her up.

my clue came when I tried to drill opposing right angle holes with the B axis and had ridiculous results! 

I would not be surprised to find there is other sh#t wrong. so this check u speak of is interesting.

It is awesome to have access to the collective intelligence of the community. Much appreciated!

Steve.

3 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

ok Center of Rotation .. lol but EOP?

5 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

Thanks for the extra info. Paul

Sorry to be unclear . I moved just the rotator, not the machine. So it looks like it was the adjustment that I needed. only the Y... Z is obviously unchanged.

When I Started on it last year, the column had to be Shimmed over, as the travel in Z was not square with the table!. a cylindrical Square showed about .012" over 18" Yup! 12 thou. our Maint. guys fixed her up.

my clue came when I tried to drill opposing right angle holes with the B axis and had ridiculous results! 

I would not be surprised to find there is other sh#t wrong. so this check u speak of is interesting.

It is awesome to have access to the collective intelligence of the community. Much appreciated!

Steve.

ok Center of Rotation .. lol but EOP?

Sorry to hear about the issues. EOP is the Easy Operator panel and can be found by pressing the CUSTOM 1 key under the screen.

How old is this machine? I am surprised it was out that much. Did you call your dealer or us and report this? We need to know these things.

Paul

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, PAnderson said:

surprised

2018-07 manufacture date.   it belongs to a U.S. company GFL. We are "storing it" for them and that is almost over. 

gonna set up a production job on it before they ship it out of Canada next month or so.

I left it up to our maintenance dept. Don't think they let anyone know. Sorry. 

I'm just the guy that plays with the toys.

s.