Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Selecting entities behind gnomon

AHarrison1

How do you dis-able the gnomon auto selection?

Right now, if I want to interact with an entity that sits behind the gnomon 'grid' i have to zoom in real close

in order to be able to select entity and not the gnomon.

I do remember reading this somewhere but after an hours search i'm still stumped.

3 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

Thank you.

i was aware of that one. i was hoping for an option where the gnomon is not auto- selected while still being visible.

If not, then I will use your suggestion.

you can use the filters on the right side of the screen to allow the selection of only what you want

The bottom section of the filter circles is "Only"

So if you click the bottom of the Point icon, you can only select a point ... the hotkey "p" will achieve the same thing

on the hot key "e" if you are looking for the end of a line

• 2 years later...
On 4/26/2023 at 11:29 AM, AHarrison1 said:

I stumbled across the solution to this in version 2023.

This is now more of an FYI for others

In Planes Manager - Display options dropdown (1) - Plane gnomon settings - Enable gnomom selection check box

Here's something that I think it silly. I don't like the gnomon to be selectable. Like mentioned here, it's in the way when I want to select something near it. It's a much bigger target than what I want to select so I find myself accidently selecting it often. Then I discovered the disable selection setting you just mentioned. Cool, that's what I want! The problem is, accessing the size and opacity settings of the gnomon require the user to right click the gnomon....but I can't, because I just disabled clicking it! We should still be able to access the gnomon settings without making the gnomon selectable for creating planes, etc. Right click = YES. Left click = NO.

I know the settings can be accessed through Config, but it shouldn't be buried that deep.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, GCP said:

If i am understanding correctly, you can simply hold in the letter "g" and select the entity. This disables the gnomon selection

:thumbsup:  I think I should buy a spare "G" key for my keyboard because mine is gonna get wore out.