Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STOCK MODEL REGEN!!!!

jean

Im having problems regenerating a stock model, I have force stop the file and opened it back up and did a new stock model and its still behaving the same. I've waited up to 15 min and nothing, the part is not complex and I have a total of 5 progressive stock models with the machine group! any ideas?

Thank you,

9 minutes ago, jean said:

Im having problems regenerating a stock model, I have force stop the file and opened it back up and did a new stock model and its still behaving the same. I've waited up to 15 min and nothing, the part is not complex and I have a total of 5 progressive stock models with the machine group! any ideas?

Yeah, stop using progressive stock models.

14 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

Yeah, stop using progressive stock models.

I erased the tool path that I was sourcing and did a new tool path and reselected the geometry and regen the stock model and in regen fine.... what the rule of thumb when using stock models? are there limits and if so why?

thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Break the link in your progressive process. Problem is if one operation get dirty and the operation use them everything gets ugly quick. Get a stock model to a good point and then save a PMESH of it to a level. Then make that the new stock model and you have broken the link should anything small happen. Now if still developing things nature of the beast, but keeping everything done in such a way to now have to regen everything really helps. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AHarrison1 said:

Try loosening the stock model tolerance, failing that, attach a dumbed down file for others to see. 

I did all that, come to find out after continued sweat equity the tool path had a glitch so I erased it created a new tool path and "resourced the operation" and it worked. now the real question is : why did that tool path glitch because I had it referenced before on a Stock model and the only thing I did before it glitched is add another tool path ?????????

hopefully my jargon makes since!

Thanks

21 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Break the link in your progressive process. Problem is if one operation get dirty and the operation use them everything gets ugly quick. Get a stock model to a good point and then save a PMESH of it to a level. Then make that the new stock model and you have broken the link should anything small happen. Now if still developing things nature of the beast, but keeping everything done in such a way to now have to regen everything really helps. 

Ok, I like this. now the question is how do you same the PMESH to a level could it be :right click> export operations geometry?

40 minutes ago, jean said:

Ok, I like this. now the question is how do you same the PMESH to a level could it be :right click> export operations geometry?

You are on the right track, right click on the operation -> Mill Toolpaths (for example) -> stock model convert to pmesh.

You can also save the result from verify using the save as stl option on the last tab to the right.

Progressive stock models are ideal in a powerful machine where you need to ensure the continuity of success in each successive toolpath, however the performance cost is greater with each model

18 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

You are on the right track, right click on the operation -> Mill Toolpaths (for example) -> stock model convert to pmesh.

You can also save the result from verify using the save as stl option on the last tab to the right.

Im aware of STL save form verify... and by continued work I found  out that if I selected the Stock model tool path and toggle display on selected operation-> then drop down stock model-> select (covert to PMESH) I can take the result and save it to a level my next question is?

My Question is this do I associate the PMESH in Stock Definition or Stock Compare?

1 minute ago, jean said:

Im aware of STL save form verify... and by continued work I found  out that if I selected the Stock model tool path and toggle display on selected operation-> then drop down stock model-> select (covert to PMESH) I can take the result and save it to a level my next question is?

My Question is this do I associate the PMESH in Stock Definition or Stock Compare?

You should define it as the stock for your next operation, this was, you have stock awareness of your last operation without the overhead of progressive.

If this is for optirough/rest, the stock model can be directly referenced by the toolpath, then the resulting stock of that operation would be used to compare.

17 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

You should define it as the stock for your next operation, this was, you have stock awareness of your last operation without the overhead of progressive.

If this is for optirough/rest, the stock model can be directly referenced by the toolpath, then the resulting stock of that operation would be used to compare.

I figured out how to derive a PMESH from the stock model and saved it to the a level and used that to define my stock on the nest stock model breaking the link in your progressive process…. yeah got my head out of my a_s and figured it out... but of course the emastercam team sent me in the right direction.. but wasn't aware of the " optirough/rest, the stock model can be directly referenced by the toolpath" never done a process like this.. ill have to test that theory out.

Big Thanks to everyone!

• Like 1

I tend to jump around a lot.  Maybe my workflow sucks, but I throw some loose toolpath throughout the whole part, then I go back and refine those toolpaths.  Then, usually after cutting some chips, I end up changing some things, so I feel like progressive stock models is the only way for me, until I'm able to nail it first try.