Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

update to next version

greenxman

You have to do a fresh install there is no way to click a button and update from an older version to Mastercam2021

Once the software is installed you will want to Migrate your files (posts/machine/control definitions) from the previous version to the Mastercam2021.  There is a guide called Transition_Guide.pdf in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2021\Mastercam\documentation\en-US.  It will assist you through the process.  Or you can likely call your reseller and ask them for assistance as well.  

• Like 2

You need to download the installer from Mastercam.com in the downloads section.

It is very important that you install ALL the updates to al least up to update 2.1 or bad things will happen.

if your posts were stored in standard directories (AKA the mastercam shared folder) then migration wizard will do a great job, a basic migration is simple and works great when standard locations are used.

If your posts are on a server its a good idea to involve your reseller in the process since they may need to re-link the posts to a new location unless you know how to do that

2 hours ago, JoshC said:

if your posts were stored in standard directories (AKA the mastercam shared folder) then migration wizard will do a great job, a basic migration is simple and works great when standard locations are used.

If your posts are on a server its a good idea to involve your reseller in the process since they may need to re-link the posts to a new location unless you know how to do that

I've heard the wizard can mangle posts and the updatepost chook should be used instead.

I've never had an issue using the wizard and updating posts.  But there is a chook that is made to update posts so its something that should be used more often but I don't think many people know about it.  If I'm updating a post that is more then 3 versions back I will use the chook cause it doesn't care how old the post is.  Then you still have to jump through multiple versions to update the machine/control def using the migration wizard.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

I've never had an issue using the wizard and updating posts.  But there is a chook that is made to update posts so its something that should be used more often but I don't think many people know about it.  If I'm updating a post that is more then 3 versions back I will use the chook cause it doesn't care how old the post is.  Then you still have to jump through multiple versions to update the machine/control def using the migration wizard.  

I haven't had an issue, either, however I was warned against doing so by experienced users who I trust, so I use the chook.