Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Enter pivot distance box

image.png.6d9442f67b6066d51ba0eba01bd1666d.png

This is an older MT640 Pro post processor from CNC Software. I want to get rid of this message and use a post variable. Unfortunately part of the post is encrypted and so is this message. File name is "Mazak Integrex Fusion 5X Single_Turret MT_Lathe.pst"

Is there a way around this?

8 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

This is an older MT640 Pro post processor from CNC Software. I want to get rid of this message and use a post variable. Unfortunately part of the post is encrypted and so is this message. File name is "Mazak Integrex Fusion 5X Single_Turret MT_Lathe.pst"

Not without access to the encrypted portion of the Post...

• Like 1

Yes. Is this a common dialog in CNC Software's post processors? If someone from CNC could confirm if there is something in the encrypted section that can be set in non-encrypted post block to bypass this.

What kind of encryption do these files use? (no, I'm not going to try crack one, just curious) AES? CNC's own? Are mill-turn posts still completely encrypted in year 2022?

9 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Yes. Is this a common dialog in CNC Software's post processors? If someone from CNC could confirm if there is something in the encrypted section that can be set in non-encrypted post block to bypass this.

What kind of encryption do these files use? (no, I'm not going to try crack one, just curious) AES? CNC's own? Are mill-turn posts still completely encrypted in year 2022?

It is a control that exists in the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post, so I believe it is a common control. However, since it is in the Encrypted Section, you're probably out of luck.

I'm not sure what type of encryption is used.

Mill-Turn Posts are completely encrypted, but that's due to the way the interface is built. There are 1000's of Tokens that can be set in inside the Mastercam Extensions Environment, which is where the user is "interacting" with the Machine Layer and creating a NC Program. Your Reseller should be able to generate User-Defined Tokens that allow you to customize the product to give you the output you need.

13 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Maybe you could use c++ to fill the dialog with a variable from the post miscs then send a message that the enter key was pressed, you would have to use a dialoghook or a separate thread/event handler and enumwindows function.

If you can share the post I could give it a go.