Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath not correctly orientated

Candicane

7 hours ago, Candicane said:

Its an existing file from x4 but now im worried that in 2021 there will be issues..

Need more info. You say it is an existing file, what version of mastercam was it generated in?

Is it a proven program and now you have suddenly found this problem?

A Zip2Go would help...

In the newer versions of Mastercam, we also pay closer attention to how your machine definition is set up. IE, you used to be able to create invalid physical axis combos in older versions and then program to them without any sort of notification or warning. Because the Machine Definition setup drives a lot more of what's going on in a modern post, it's much more important these days that it's set up correctly, than say it was in X4. There might not be a posted code issue if you dragged up your post from X4 as well, but that warning is a sign that you should probably do some poking around to make sure things are set up properly. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies..

It was an x9 file and ive regenerated with no avail..

The code output with x9 is correct but for some reason with 2021 its not outputting all the A values i need..

I will talk to my reseller about it..

For now i will use the x9 file..

2021 doesnt displaty options to acess  the page in machine def  where you can see details about the A axis.. see attached pic..

Thanks

Capture.JPG