Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

treat 2 arcs as a circle

rxdeath

hey for all you mastercam gurus out there, is there an easy way to get mastercam to register all of my 2 connected arcs into regular full circles without a ton of work?

i have a drawing with a grip of different sized holes and i want to use contours, but i have to pick both sides of the arc, which sucks.  if there's a better way i'd like to hear it, but i would also like to know if there is a way to just join the segments into 1 continous line as far as mastercam sees because i'd like to use that process on other shapes as well

thanks

5 hours ago, rxdeath said:

hey for all you mastercam gurus out there, is there an easy way to get mastercam to register all of my 2 connected arcs into regular full circles without a ton of work?

i have a drawing with a grip of different sized holes and i want to use contours, but i have to pick both sides of the arc, which sucks.  if there's a better way i'd like to hear it, but i would also like to know if there is a way to just join the segments into 1 continous line as far as mastercam sees because i'd like to use that process on other shapes as well

thanks

Model Prep -> Optimize -> then create curves to reduce the chances of this happening

Wireframe -> Spline from curves will join muiltiple entities into one.

If you are using Mastercam 2022 pb2 you can convert all selected geometry into splines by typing the following command into the new NetScripting.dll and pressing run.

Mastercam.Database.ChainManager.ChainTolerance = 0.0005;
var chains = Mastercam.Database.ChainManager.ChainAllSelected();
if(chains != null)
{
foreach(var chain in chains)
{

try
{
 Mastercam.GeometryUtility.GeometryCreationManager.CreateParametricSplineFromChain(chain, 0.0005, Mastercam.GeometryUtility.Types.OriginalCurvesDisposition.Delete, 500);
}
catch(System.Exception e)
{

}
break;
}
}

You would save this code in a file called SplineAllSelected.cs for re-use, for example..

26 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

Simple ... you can use "Join Entities" on the Wireframe Ribbon to convert all the split circles into full circles.

Is there a similar function for joining non-colinear shapes like a triangle using the same selection method?

2 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

Thee Byte,

"....is there a similar function for joining non-colinear shapes like a triangle using the same selection method?.."

And joining them into a polyline-like entity?

Or a spline with sharp corners?

Yes, a spline with sharp corners, we use this a lot.

Could be a polyline-like entity

13 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Create > Spline from Curves

?

That takes a number of user selected chains as a parameter, not a group of selected ents.

Highly inefficient and unnecessary in many cases.

On 3/18/2021 at 6:29 AM, Thee Byte™ said:

Model Prep -> Optimize -> then create curves to reduce the chances of this happening

Wireframe -> Spline from curves will join muiltiple entities into one.

If you are using Mastercam 2022 pb2 you can convert all selected geometry into splines by typing the following command into the new NetScripting.dll and pressing run.

Mastercam.Database.ChainManager.ChainTolerance = 0.0005;
var chains = Mastercam.Database.ChainManager.ChainAllSelected();
if(chains != null)
{
foreach(var chain in chains)
{

try
{
 Mastercam.GeometryUtility.GeometryCreationManager.CreateParametricSplineFromChain(chain, 0.0005, Mastercam.GeometryUtility.Types.OriginalCurvesDisposition.Delete, 500);
}
catch(System.Exception e)
{

}
break;
}
}

You would save this code in a file called SplineAllSelected.cs for re-use, for example..

You are one coding fool! What is your background if you don’t mind me asking?  Computer Science?

11 minutes ago, CNC_Newbie said:

You are one coding fool! What is your background if you don’t mind me asking?  Computer Science?

I learned coding on my own and practice everyday.

I pursued machining and cnc programming in my studies..