Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you shorten the long names of toolpaths in the opsmanager to get more clarity ?

pullo

I was asked this question by two guys  in a very short period of time , so I thought I'd answer this one , here. 

The short version is that you have to go into the relevant , binary dll files and change them from  there.  The long version is that this is what the people translating Mastercam into

other languages have to do. For this they use a program called SDL Passolo. There are other programs to achieve this , but as CNC uses this , it has become the de facto standard in this

community.

Gracjan

• Like 1

Capture.JPG.69889ead9d8d15ff75a0ff47a38bcb0b.JPGCapture2.JPG.69fbca2308f11a0a631be67e782944e2.JPGi

if you right click in ops manager there is a display options settings you can pick what you want. is this what you are referring to? the settings above will yield what i show in  the opmanager snippet above. that seems pretty simplified to me.

trevor 

I used to use a free utility called "resource hacker" to edit the names of columns in X+.

load the dll, search for the name you want to change, change it, save it, run it.

I don't know if SDL Passolo works the same.  Of course, I always saved the dll to a safe location in case I corrupted it.

Finding the correct dll to modify can be time consuming

image.png.dfdb2d0363e4ac29e5d70bca0f6cd392.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...