Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

moving planes

RonC.

Has anybody else had their plane move on them..

The first time it happen I thought I must have click  on wrong

lines, but it happening way to often .. I started lock my plane

once I've created them and have gotten around this issues,

but with the new ver on the horizon .. I'm wondering if it been fixed?

if anybody else know or has pointers on this subject pls. share with me.. 🙂

Not that specifically but when I tranform toolpaths during 5 axis positional it sometimes outputs the wrong vector or spits out negative Z values in the code when the values should be positive. Same exact values, just negative. This has resulted in 1 crash that could have totally effed up my trunnion if I didn't have my finger on the feed hold.

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

In 2020 yes all the time why I locked planes down in files.  2021 I have not seen the same issues. Need to make sure you are not using relative to for creating the planes. If the base plane is moves all planes relative to the original also get moved with no warning.

ahh , that would explain one of my padawanns had an effed up program and I was banging my head trying to get to the bottom of his trouble , pretty sure that's what happened.

had to go back and change all the planes and re set some of the depths to get him straightened out 

1 hour ago, DUM1 said:

ahh , that would explain one of my padawanns had an effed up program and I was banging my head trying to get to the bottom of his trouble , pretty sure that's what happened.

had to go back and change all the planes and re set some of the depths to get him straightened out 

Yes I had used relative to for creating planes relative to a WCS for years before 2020 and since then quit doing that. I proved it did this on the official forum and got no response to that thread.

37 minutes ago, Newbeeee™ said:

.....aaaaaannnnnnddddd I thought it was me today with my sausage fingers....

Thanks Ron

:cheers:

Trust me I chased and chased this one for a while before figuring it out. I guess the argument could be made well you made them all relative to that plane and since you moved that plane the software understood you wanted everything relative to that plane that was created from it moved also. Problem is I don't remember that being the behavior before 2020. Maybe it happened and I never noticed it, but 2020 seemed to have the most issues with planes since about X5 when they still had the base planes unlocked in the software. I think it was about that version they realized hard to do math when nothing is fixed to do the calculations from. When they locked the base planes the Software with regards to planes got much better.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1