Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why Does The Model Display like this?

CNC_Newbie

I am playing with a new part today. This part needs to be duplicated in mastercam to create a left and right part. The molded part will have 2 pieces that need to be cut out of it, but this is off topic as to my question before you now 

How and why are these extra lines in the model dealt with. I don’t have access to solidworks or any other 3D modeler (besides MC HLE) here at home. Is it possible to fix this problem in Mastercam? (I bet there is)

After I figure out how to get rid of the lines, what is the best way to make a copy (mirror) of the part I am working with now?  I see the Mirror function in the Transform tab. I plan to use copy and mirror to create the second part and create toolpaths from it.

09643C7F-AC62-4AB1-988D-6A1284F12885.jpeg

Does your computer at home have a dedicated graphics card? 

At work one of my staff plugged the monitor into the onboard video slot and it caused weird lines Mastercam. Once I plugged it into the dedicated graphics card the display was correct.

Look in the solids manager to see if there is a solid showing. 

that does look like it could be graphics and not the model. Does your pc have a dedicated graphics card and have you set the graphics card application to prefer the high performance graphics card for mastercam? that is an important thing for mastercam and mastercam hle, if you do not have a dedicated graphics card you could try disabling hardware acceleration but I only would suggest that if you do not have a dedicated graphcis card.

If it is a stl or a really "edgy" solid you could turn off outline shaded and just make the model shaded, the image below shows how to change to a shaded model instead of outline shaded, outline shaded darkens each edge of a solid, i typically prefer it on unless i have a STL on screen or something with a million edges

shaded.png