Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2021 Font Change

rchipper

I program marking requirements for a customer on 80% of the parts we manufacture for them including sequential serial numbers on some. I had been using the Mastercam Stick font, working in Drafting, Notes. I chose this not knowing any better at the time. It allowed me to have more control over the font attributes, (size, aspect ratio, character spacing, angle and plotted locations etc.) in the Properties page compared to Wireframe, Create Letters.

Well in 2021 that changed. The Stick type font was not the same as I was using. I no longer have the attributes dialog box in Drafting Notes, Properties to make adjustments in.

That was until this morning. I'm sorry if this is already known here, but I did not know this and neither did my reseller.

I found that the attributes dialog has also been in the in the Wireframe, Create Letters Advanced tab. "Note Text", (Duh). I honestly never even looked at his. Oh and I no longer need to use the "Break Into Lines" button to convert to geometry for tool paths using the Wireframe, Create Letters. I wish I would have found this before beginning to convert the thousands of characters and lines of text to a different font style all together. Fortunately, it has only been several parts that I have modified. Now I can easily revert back.

Again, my apologies if I am the last one to find this out, I'm still learning. Don't bash on me too bad. I just wanted to share in case anyone else was wondering like my reseller and I were.

Good day,  

• 2 months later...

I just got an email from our reseller and his OLF SimpleSansCJK OC font is a stick font. Three new installations here and ours are all as shown in this pic. He sent me his font of the same name and now it works correctly. Not sure how this font got corrupted during the install on 3 different computers. I hope this helps others having the same problem.

image.thumb.png.e52647bcd9859b74ae30cc2dd3994a48.png

• Like 1