Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nesting work offset problem

Ehillman

My programmer was having an issue with work offsets changing from G54 to G55 and i made him aware of the work offset option in the tooling perameters section and we can now get a single part to post using work offset G54 only. When running it through the nesting software it is still posting both G54 and G55. Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Ehillman said:

My programmer was having an issue with work offsets changing from G54 to G55 and i made him aware of the work offset option in the tooling perameters section and we can now get a single part to post using work offset G54 only. When running it through the nesting software it is still posting both G54 and G55. Any suggestions?

Nesting 0 Woff Shift Settings.png

To fix the existing operations go to edit common parameters, then choose these settings.

Edit Common Parameters.png

Thanks for the advise Upon making these changes and re-pathing the part it is now putting the G55 code in random spots at the end of the tool paths before it turns the spindle off. When the next tool starts it is referencing the intended and default G54 for the entirety of the tool path until the end.

1 minute ago, Ehillman said:

Thanks for the advise Upon making these changes and re-pathing the part it is now putting the G55 code in random spots at the end of the tool paths before it turns the spindle off. When the next tool starts it is referencing the intended and default G54 for the entirety of the tool path until the end.

Need to edit common parameters for the existing operations.

Match existing offsets should be unchecked in all cases.

Any new nestings created with those settings should only create g54

Maybe check overwrite existing work offsets in edit common parameters. Or just make a new nesting with the revised advanced settings.