Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HTML.SET, an alternative to MILL.SET

So I like digging into things to see what I could do to enhance or create something new out what is available. I like the MILL.SET setupsheets over ActiveReports and so I got thinking.... If I am writing a text file.... why not write some html tags with that information!

p1.thumb.png.ca4bf66b2b89516e4236472ca3887a1f.png

Does anyone think this is cool? worth working on more? completely spaghetti post? (I have just been self teaching from the Post Manuals)

Can I distribute .SET files? Can I put this on github?

I am kind of obsessed with HTML and Javascript 😁

HTML.SET

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, cnc_shaggy said:

So I like digging into things to see what I could do to enhance or create something new out what is available. I like the MILL.SET setupsheets over ActiveReports and so I got thinking.... If I am writing a text file.... why not write some html tags with that information!

Does anyone think this is cool? worth working on more? completely spaghetti post? (I have just been self teaching from the Post Manuals)

HTML.SET

Share whatever you feel so inclined to share and do it. Whatever is shared greatly appreciated by a lot of people even though many will never tell you thanks. Don't share your help and knowledge ever expecting that. Do it because that is who you are as a person. :clap:

• Like 2

Let me rephrase, since I did just shotgun questions. I love open source, and love making things for anyone to use! I'm pretty bad at communication and talking though. I am curious what other people think. I would love to see other peoples contributions or use this as a launch pad for their own cool idea. 

My next feature 💡 is a TOC linking to each toolpath block, either on the left or right, make it a variable...

2 hours ago, cnc_shaggy said:

HTML.SET

Since you are self-taught on the MP Post side of the equation, check out my Post Processor class videos on YouTube. (MP 101 = 28 videos on MP Post Development.)

I like what you're doing with the HTML.SET. Very clever!

I've modifed .SET Files for years to just output formatted Text Files. I typically use the String Formulas in MP to test for String Length, and either shorten/truncate long strings, or pad short strings with extra space characters at the end of the string, to maintain a consistent column spacing for the data. It is a pain in the butt, but it also works to keep things looking tidy. I love the idea of just formatting the output with HTML tags.

Did you know you can "call a Post" from within a Post Processor? I've done this to automatically run the "NCI Data currently being Posted", using a .SET File, which forces a new Setup Sheet to be generated at the time of posting. (So the operator can compare Setup/Tool Sheets to the NC File.)

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Did you know you can "call a Post" from within a Post Processor? I've done this to automatically run the "NCI Data currently being Posted", using a .SET File, which forces a new Setup Sheet to be generated at the time of posting. (So the operator can compare Setup/Tool Sheets to the NC File.)

I'd love to know how!

I have used launch()  to run the .NC file through a post-post?-processor .exe utility I made 😁

Is it a similar call?

3 hours ago, cnc_shaggy said:

I'd love to know how!

I have used launch()  to run the .NC file through a post-post?-processor .exe utility I made 😁

Is it a similar call?

Kind of. 

Use Google to search for 'ppost$' on this forum. That post block is called after posting is complete, and the NC File is closed.

Search 'setncstr', for examples of loading new files into the Mastercam Text Editor, so you can see when multiple files get posted.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...