Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis indexing

zer0fuks

Toolpath ribbon. Toolpath Transform.

image.thumb.png.59e85db5614c22ddc50dfb3783a23079.png

Then Rotate as Type. Toolplane/Include Origin as Method. NCI as Source. Doesn't matter sicne only one operation for Group NCI output by. Stay away from automatically crash your machine in the Work Offset Numbering and use Maintain Source Operation's!!!!

image.png.219dbda95fa57b1cf45923570e0ca395.png

Then on the rotate tab 23 for Instances. Angle to start with 360/24= 15 degree since their are 24 teeth. Then Angle to repeat is the same.  Pick Right as the Rotation Plane.

image.png.5b761ceab5b88b935ddc926d5dfa643c.png

Then we are done and have a nice weekend.

image.thumb.png.4e13e4552aeb8e62c480ba33df533db5.png

image.thumb.png.24099b2a2f2156aa43210f78fbaeccaf.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Another thing I will add is the ability to move the Tail stock and Adjust the OD jaws for whatever size Material you have. I get some time I will add a Tail-stock from the HAAS Website and a few other tricks I have up my sleeve to that machinesim. There is Fixed ID jaws on that machine and can be suppressed if you don't need them. I had them there for those wanting to explore how to add functionality to their Machinesim.

Cough:

Cough:

Right angle Head. 

+1000 to what Ron generously described.

Word of warning though...axis substitution isn't going to play nicely, especially while doing transform/rotate. It's been "kinda' broken for a while. Just went thru this with several customers.

This is a somewhat related topic to what I'm working on today.  I'm going to hold this on a spud or expanding collet.  I would generally program center of rotation with one work offset.  However some of the depths are +/- .001 and to nail the depth I'll need to probe the top surfaces of the part.  Parts are pre-finished on 6 sides.   

What is the best way to program / workflow this?  Duplicate work offsets? 

I'm looking for best practices as I am going to have multiple parts to do that are similar to this one.

Capture.JPG