Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Calibrating for G68.2, WPC SHIFT MAZAK VCU 5X

Is there any way to calibrate the work offset numbers that are generated from G68.2 or WPC SHIFT? 

Example to understand the question:

Imagine 2-4-6 block clamped in a vise, Zero is set in the middle of the 2-4-6 block (touch top left corner, X:3 Y-2), use WPC SHIFT because its a MAZAK VCU 5X can also think G68.2, enter in SHIFT VALUE : X:3 , Y:0 , Z:0, C:0, B:90, Execute the shift in a program, Index to B90, Bring WPC GAGE/Probe to touch the 2-4-6 block which should read 0 when I touch the 2-4-6 block directly in the Z, Getting a value not equal to 0 let's say .020".

I am wondering if there is a Mazak parameter or some other way to adjust the outcome of a WPC SHIFT or G68.2.

If there is no way with a simple parameter adjustment, what mechanically could be adjusted? Posture? Level? 

Hopefully this explains what I am asking a procedure for. I know there are ways to cheat around it as well, but looking for a fix.

Thanks in advance.