Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transform toolpaths

Joe Bennett295

I have no idea reach out to CNC Software and ask them.  I accomplish this task when needed, but is can take some steps to make it happen. In other words you have 50 random positions then yes you would need 50 transform toolpaths if you wanted to go about ti that way. I would just program the 50 random positions with one toolpath depending on the Kinematics of the machine and other factors. Can you provide a sample of what your trying to accomplish?

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

There's actually a couple ways to go about it...there is not though I "1 button" solution.

You can use transform to copy the cut to a new location based on your fixture distance, then you can transform the originating toolpath again, based on the next distance and continue in this manner....

or...

I post all my toolpaths and manually add macro checks to run the different positions....it allows the guys on the floor to turn off locations and/or sides if necessary.

Both ways a little more work but both ways will get it done

25 minutes ago, Joe Bennett295 said:

yes, but my fixture has 12 bad locations, unusable, and 7 new ones at random positions.... lol for example

1 hour ago, Joe Bennett295 said:

why is there not a way to transform to random various positions and skip positions in a pattern ?

That's a good point, the operation could just have an option take an array planes to use as transforms. You could use an add in to automatically set up your transforms, it would be a lot of work,  your dealer might be able to set you up, or I could..

See I would program them all to one position and then use a Transform to call work offsets. I would go on the machine and then set the offset position with rotation and call it a day. I like quick easy ways of doing things. Before I hear that will not work have you given it a try? Program one position and then use Transform to make program in the same exact position, but use increment to offset by one and then make 50 copies of the same program. I might even do it with a sub program process and just call the sub program for each tool at the 50 different work offsets. Machine doesn't have that many then can go about it with a G10 process. Many easy way to do what your after in Mastercam.

• Like 1