Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question on a small post change at H offset

I want the M8 (coolant on) to come after the H value is established. Currently I am hosing the tool carousel as the code is now. Also in the posted code the G83 cycle has the R and Q but no P option. However in the cut parameters page they are all greyed out. I am seeing in the post  peckI peckJ and peckk. I assume I have to find them above in the post and alter to or from a 0 or a 1. 

see pics for references

m8 move.JPG

parameters.JPG

post.JPG

Who is your Reseller Ray? Have you gotten any basic training?

Outputting the Coolant Code (So not a Guru beat me to it), is to use "Coolant on", with the "After" setting. This outputs the M8 on the G43 line. (However, the Coolant Code can be moved around by editing the Post.

The same issue applies to your Drill Cycles. Those can be customized, to include or eliminate any "parameter" that you want to output with the Drill Cycle.

If you were to get a "Haas 4X Post" for example, you would have Drill Cycles that are configured differently.

There are some "free" Posts for specific machines available on the "Tech Exchange" page of the official Mastercam Company Forum.

I'm helping a buddy out who only has 2.5 axis 2018 and opted to not purchase maintenance, go figure. I resolved the coolant issue. I still cant figure out how to enable the greyed out peck variables in the cut parameters. I've tried looking at as you stated the HAas 4axis parameters, they are also greyed out. In the HAAS i can force the P in the G83 with a canned text using change at point, however in the FAdal it doesnt post with the canned text.

in the post im looking to make changes to the peckdrill area, by adding peckclr$,  however when I save it its saying I have to run the updatepost .dll. None of the C hooks work. not sure whats up with that. I am saving the post as a .pst in code expert in 2018.