Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill Posts to Router Posts

My version of Mastercam is 3D Router. Is there a way to get the mill post files to convert to Router. Like converting the MPmaster mill post to a router post? I really need some help with simple post-editing and am having a hard time learning from videos. There is so much information. My Routers basically run with a HAAS heading, I need to add a few more codes to the heading and ending nothing complex, I just want to learn it myself. Why does Mastercam seem to keep post-editing a secret only for resellers? I spent plenty of $ on the software and I want to know how to use it properly.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, denkizz said:

My version of Mastercam is 3D Router. Is there a way to get the mill post files to convert to Router. Like converting the MPmaster mill post to a router post? I really need some help with simple post-editing and am having a hard time learning from videos. There is so much information. My Routers basically run with a HAAS heading, I need to add a few more codes to the heading and ending nothing complex, I just want to learn it myself. Why does Mastercam seem to keep post-editing a secret only for resellers? I spent plenty of $ on the software and I want to know how to use it properly.

It isn't really a secret. You can get a copy of the MP Post Documentation from your Mastercam Reseller. That said, the Post Language and Logic is powerful, and with that power comes complexity. (See the link in my signature for a class that I previously taught on Post Development.)

What made you decide to purchase the "Mastercam Router" Product, instead of Mastercam Mill? We used "Mastercam Router" at Boeing, because it used to include "True Shape Nesting", and it would do everything the Mill Product would do.

You can convert a Mill/Router Post by changing the "Post Header Line". I would recommend you start by "looking at a Mill Post Header Line", and comparing that to the "Router Post Header Line". (Ignore the "Time Stamp" [Txxxxxxx] Number.)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Thanks, Colin. I have watched your video series on youtube on post-editing. Very Good! Tons of information. I was a subscriber to your Eapprentice site several years back also. My background is machining, fixturing, plastic injection molding. I've been a Toolmaker for 25 years Manual and CNC, but my new job does only routers. The machine vendor that sells routers is also a Mastercam reseller. So we purchased the Router 3D package from the machine builder. There is so much to do in post programming it is overwhelming to get started. I think I am slowly getting it though. The reseller has his own work to do like building and selling machines not training me and editing posts. I like to learn things myself rather than rely on someone else anyway.

I have the MP Documentation, but it's not like the one in your video. Mastercam sent it to me. It's not called MP_Documentation it's mastercam2021-mp-reference. So much information to break down in a limited time. I'm old school where I edited posts in DOS.

• Like 2