Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HELIX BORE?

motor-vater

Doing multiple helix bores in one toolpath, and using a circle at bottom to finish each bore. I set the speeds at 50% feed and 75% rpm. Thing is when posting with a MPmaster after it drops the RPM at the bottom of the first hole it never kicks back up for the next hole. Anyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: using 2021 mastercam and even downloaded the 2021 MPmaster to confirm

1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Tell you what I am seeing this morning. I make a change to the feed rate and the Roughing feedrate shows changed in the dialog box, but it is not. I regenerated the operation and then the feed rate posted out correctly. Without a regen it will not change the roughing feed rate.

So an additional issue. Worst part is I can not tell you how much I have used this toolpath in the last year and honestly never realized this was happening tell my operator came in and was like hey why is the spindle rpm so low!!

pointed this out to another programmer that USED to work here and told him basically the same thing that  Mr.  crazy mill man said .

He doesn't work here anymore so I get to fix the programs that he didn't when the operators come in and ask why so slow ? 

I personally only use helix for roughing and that's pretty rare.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:59 AM, crazy^millman said:

Make them all one operation per hole.

Or Use Contour Ramp like we did for years before we got Helix bore. Our you can really old school it and draw the Helix and 3D contour that. What I did for years to cut threads.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
24 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

some times a path will get a bug up it's a$$ that wont go away until u delete the path and make a new one.

maybe that's it?

Yes sir Database gets corrupted and no matter what you do that operation is hanging on to something. Delete the operation and save the file. Shut down Mastercam fire it back up and do the same exact thing in a new operation that was failing before and what do you know it works like it should.

• Like 1