Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Millturn Morph outputting shifted code when not using TCP

JacobS

Hi guys first post here after lurking a year or so and benefitting enormously from this fantastic knowledge base. Im admittedly quite new to millturn and pretty new to mastercam in general.

The problem Im having is unfortunately with mastercam millturn, which I know can be really confusing just to begin with. Ive got a simple morph operation that I wish to be run in a C axis face type setup. Im trying to lock down to 3 axis and post without TCP since our vericut is not correctly interpreting tcp yet as its still a relatively new machine. When I post out this operation it is sending the Z position about 10in above where the tool should be cutting.

Ive got the WCS for the operation set to the machine wcs, and the Tplane set to Top:left, which I think was created when I chose LEFT as the tplane in the setup tab in the morph toolpath, since "maintain spindle origin" was checked. Ive got tool axis control set to 3 axis, and "other direction" checked using the vectors X:1 Y:0 Z:0 to get the tool axis running parallel to the lathe (c) axis of rotation.

How do you guys usually go about setting up for multiaxis work in mcam millturn?

I am not aware of a way to get non G43 move using Code expect when Morph is the picked toolpath even when you have picked 3 Axis as the process.

image.png.4901f0c8ee9815194f5797aa59767563.png

image.png.3b225f510f2da436debaab1010f36857.png

You probably want the missing flowline toolpath in MT. You can make it old school by creating a surface and then offset the surface the radius of your ball endmill. Then creating the flowline curves and then connecting the ends to then drive it as a 3D toolpath using no comp and then using a minus the radius of the ball endmill to drive it. A ton of work to get a toolpath you wanted from the very beginning that is missing. Why isn't flowline in MT your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the response Millman! 

image.png.3b225f510f2da436debaab1010f36857.png

What I've tried is under the modes tab in the picture you sent I've unchecked "use tool tip point control (g43.4) for five axis toolpath", which outputs as non tcp code programmed to centers of rotation as far as I can see, but doesn't really put it in the right place. You're right, what I really want is a flowline. Is it your understanding that MillTurn doesn't support multiaxis that isn't tpc? From what I'm hearing from my mcam reseller it doesn't appear to be supported yet?