Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam 18 having point selection and line-endpoints issues...

Dontech

Good morning, all.

I've recently been having a lot of trouble selecting  the dot at the center-point of arcs which I use for both measuring and drawing end-point lines from. Might be two separate issues but seems the issues are related. Hopefully the center-point of arcs selecting issue is self-explanatory, so I'll move to the other issue.

Historically, when I have used arc center-points to draw a freeform or line-endpoints style line, all I had to do was cursor hover over the arc center dot and it would highlight, allowing me to simply drag a line from that dot to anywhere I wanted. I would never hit the buttons to select between horizontal or vertical or free-from...I would only have to either drag my line along a vertical or horizontal axis and it would plot the line for me quite nicely. I was able to use this method whether I was connecting to center points with a line or when I was drawing an open-ended line to be trimmed or connected later. When I first started having trouble with this a couple months ago, I would first have to hit the button for either  horizontal or vertical. This was frustrating enough because for the @ 3 years we've been using 18 in my Shop I never had to do that as stated above...but now, within maybe the last couple/few weeks or so, 18 has begun not allowing me to select some arc-center points at all. This is something I have relied upon heavily for hundreds of programs and now I can't at all. I haven't been messing around in the config or options so I have no idea what caused this or how to fix it. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you.

AHarrison & Chris...

Both of those suggestions worked perfectly. Now it works the way it did before...thank you both so much! You've made this current job and the next mating part job much easier.

For the life of me I can't understand how those things were altered, but I guess it doesn't matter now. Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, Dontech said:

AHarrison & Chris...

Both of those suggestions worked perfectly. Now it works the way it did before...thank you both so much! You've made this current job and the next mating part job much easier.

For the life of me I can't understand how those things were altered, but I guess it doesn't matter now. Thanks again.

👍