Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhan post drilling cycles

I have been pulling out my hair but I think I have figured this thing out. I am using the Heidenhain 510 post and it was giving me some problems with the drilling cycles. I got the program to successfully drill to a depth of z-.750 from a top of stock of 0.0

Cycle Def 203 Universal Drilling

Q201=-.750 (drill depth)

Q203=0.0 (Surface coordinate)

Where I into issues is when I am trying to drill from a bottom up system. So my datum is at the bottom of my part and it is 3" tall. I want to drill to a depth of +.5. But Heidenhain wants to see the drill depth as a negative value only. It would be easy for a Haas to do this because you just say the final depth you want to drill to. Heidenhain wants an incremental Z- depth. 

Q201=-.5 (drill depth)  This is wrong and doesn't work

Q203=3.0 (Surface coordinate)

I need it to output

Q201=-2.5 (drill depth) (this is right but that means I have to take the drill depth value and do some math on it)

How do I make the post take the difference between a the surface coordinate and the final drill depth. I looked at format statements for delta but it didn't change the value accordingly.

51 minutes ago, Rocketmachinist said:

I have been pulling out my hair but I think I have figured this thing out. I am using the Heidenhain 510 post and it was giving me some problems with the drilling cycles. I got the program to successfully drill to a depth of z-.750 from a top of stock of 0.0

Q201=-.750 (drill depth)

Q203=0.0 (Surface coordinate)

Where I into issues is when I am trying to drill from a bottom up system. So my datum is at the bottom of my part and it is 3" tall. I want to drill to a depth of +.5. But Heidenhain wants to see the drill depth as a negative value only. It would be easy for a Haas to do this because you just say the final depth you want to drill to. Heidenhain wants an incremental Z- depth. 

Q201=-.5 (drill depth)  This is wrong and doesn't work

I need it to output

Q201=-2.5 (drill depth) (this is right but that means I have to take the drill depth value and do some math on it)

How do I make the post take the difference between a the surface coordinate and the final drill depth. I looked at format statements for delta but it didn't change the value accordingly.

Look for 'pdrill0$' or 'pdrlcommon'.

There is a Post Block in most Posts, where the depth values are calculated.

The MP Language has a bunch of predefined variables, which capture the values from the Drill Cycle Dialog box. These values are passed on the NCI G81 Parameter line. 

If you are using the Code Expert editor, you can see the 'variable auto-complete list' when you start typing. Type 'drl', and you will see a pretty extensive list of variables. 

Create a 'debug output section', and output each of these 'drl_' variables, using the Tilde modifier (~), for debugging output. That way you can test the values. Then, in the "drill calculations block", set your output (Q201-Q209), as needed. This is the block where 'zabs' for example, is being set.