Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stock model from wrong cutter size

Hi All,

We have a mold that we are machining which consists of 16 cores that stand proud..

While roughing the operator used a 6 dia endmill instead of the programmed 6 dia ballnose..

As a result its cut undersize especially on the shallower parts of the mold..

I've a stock model in my operations manager to reflect the correct 6 dia ballnose  but is it possible to create another stock model to reflect the fact that the wrong tool was put in the spindle at the machine and not within mastercam, and   then be able to compare the 2 models so that we have an idea of how much welding is needed?

Thanks!

Have you tried running the prog in MC verify using the endmill. Save it as an .stl and display it over the ballnose stock model?

You will have to go to wireframe to see the undercut. I use a green solid (stock model) and red .stl for easy visual.

The least intrusive/fastest method that I can think of would be to send the original toolpath through a Convert to 5 operation, which would allow you to swap the tool used but otherwise keep cutting motion unmodified. Then create a new stock model based on this Convert to 5 and run a compare against the original stock model saved to a level.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies..

Ive only a 3d licence not multi axis so i dont think Dylans suggestion would work..

Nickbe 10 where would one change the cutter shape within verify?

And are you talking about the verify in the operations manager?

Thanks!

Capture.JPG