Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Complex Mill-Turn with Mastercam. Is it possible?

Etrain

Hello Everyone,

We are looking into programming an Index G200 https://www.index-werke.de/fileadmin/user_upload/INDEX/G200/INDEX_G200_EN.pdf machine using Mastercam. This is a complex machine with 2 spindles, 3 turrets with Y-Axis, and a 360 degree B axis milling spindle. Our production department is currently using Siemens NX to program. I've also seen success with these types of machines using Esprit. Is there anyone out there programming a similar machine using Mastercam?

Also, what simulation software are you using? I've heard of Vericut and NC Simul. Has anyone heard of Eureka https://www.roboris.it/en/home-01/ ?

Finally, any problems getting a post for a machine like this?

I'm curious to hear success stories if any...

Thanks!

I went onsite a couple of years ago to prove out a post for a Nakamura NTJ-100 Nakamura Tome NTJ 100 not as complex but it was still a complex machine.  The customer was using Mastercam to program the machine and no verification software when I was onsite.  They bought the machine used and I think they were trying to get camplete to give them simulation.  The post needed a few minor tweaks but pretty much worked right away.  With these machines I would definitely want some sort of verification software.  Without it the prove out time on parts would take a lot longer.  

• Thanks 1

I'm running DMG Mori NTX3000's with Mastercam (2020 & 2021) and a custom post.  Works great.  I believe we had a custom post included in the machine purchase.  Our machines are  Left & Right spindles, Lower turret works on both spindles and upper head(B-Axis) works on both spindles. Upper B-Axis is full turn & mill capable on both spindles.

So far (knocking on wood) I've had no real issues with verify vs actual machine cutting.

• Thanks 1