Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Controlling G187 in Mastercam

Sigurd

I am cutting a 15 degree wall with Surface High Speed Blend, stepping down .0005". I'm still not getting great smoothness. I'm new to the surface toolpaths. I noticed that when they posted, there's a line for G187 Px Ex. This is a Haas MiniMill 2. I know that I can change the G187 value at the control, but can it be changed within Mastercam?

23 minutes ago, Sigurd said:

I am cutting a 15 degree wall with Surface High Speed Blend, stepping down .0005". I'm still not getting great smoothness. I'm new to the surface toolpaths. I noticed that when they posted, there's a line for G187 Px Ex. This is a Haas MiniMill 2. I know that I can change the G187 value at the control, but can it be changed within Mastercam?

Mastercam HAAS posts have the G187 Switch in the Misc Integers pages. It also has the tolerance value. Once you set that for an operation you get the desired output.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Sigurd said:

Thanks, CrazyMillman!

Here's another related question: Why is it posting a T2 along with the G43 on line N150? I've noticed this only when posting a surface toolpath.

post.jpg

That is called Tool Staging. The machine is getting the next tool ready in the tool change position if the machine has that ability. If the machine cannot stage tools then you will need to disable tool staging in the CMD for that machine.