Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"On" output

We have a Postability post (unfortunately no maintenance) that outputs the word On after the M03, but only on G82 drill cycles, like this:

T17 T2 M6 (3.3MM CTS DRILL ALUM)
G90 G0 G53 Z0.
G53 X0. Y0.
G54 G17
M46 M43
B-4.0886 C359.2017
M47 M44
G65 P9544 H1 (CALCULATE G54.4 DYNAMIC OFFSET)
G54.1 P300 (CENTER OF ROTATION WPC)
G54.4 P1
X3.366 Y-.2263 S11500 M03 On
G43 H17 Z3.719
M08
G94
G98 G82 Z1.5804 R1.819 P0 F38.41

I've searched the entire post, but "On" isn't on any uncommented  line in the post. Anyone have an idea of how I could trace this down?

20 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

We have a Postability post (unfortunately no maintenance) that outputs the word On after the M03, but only on G82 drill cycles, like this:

T17 T2 M6 (3.3MM CTS DRILL ALUM)
G90 G0 G53 Z0.
G53 X0. Y0.
G54 G17
M46 M43
B-4.0886 C359.2017
M47 M44
G65 P9544 H1 (CALCULATE G54.4 DYNAMIC OFFSET)
G54.1 P300 (CENTER OF ROTATION WPC)
G54.4 P1
X3.366 Y-.2263 S11500 M03 On
G43 H17 Z3.719
M08
G94
G98 G82 Z1.5804 R1.819 P0 F38.41

I've searched the entire post, but "On" isn't on any uncommented  line in the post. Anyone have an idea of how I could trace this down?

In the PSB section and it is related to coolant.

4 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

anyone have an idea of how I could trace this down?

How old is the Postability post? Looks like you have a conflict between coolant and X coolant.

It is posting out the "On" rather than command M08. I see this usually when I am selecting a different than default post which doesn't have X coolant set up, but the MD/CD does...or vice versa.

Run it through the debugger.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nickbe10 said:

How old is the Postability post? Looks like you have a conflict between coolant and X coolant.

It is posting out the "On" rather than command M08. I see this usually when I am selecting a different than default post which doesn't have X coolant set up, but the MD/CD does...or vice versa.

Run it through the debugger.

I'll try the debugger, but it's posting the M08 properly two lines below the trouble line. If it's in the PSB though, I'm gonna be outta luck

4 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I'll try the debugger, but it's posting the M08 properly two lines below the trouble line. If it's in the PSB though, I'm gonna be outta luck

I would recommend contacting Postability. Technically, this is a Bug in the Post. You shouldn't have to be on 'Maintenance' for a Bug Fix. But then again, I don't make the rules.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I'll try the debugger,

I think contacting Postability would be a good first option. Even without maintenance Dave is pretty keen on customer service. I don't know it for a fact but I suspect he sees any Postability product not working properly as bad for his rep.

The fact that he and his team are some of the go to guys for complex posts, I think, shows it works well for him.

2 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

I think contacting Postability would be a good first option. Even without maintenance Dave is pretty keen on customer service. I don't know it for a fact but I suspect he sees any Postability product not working properly as bad for his rep.

The fact that he and his team are some of the go to guys for complex posts, I think, shows it works well for him.

FYI. Dave is not longer with us, but the team there is doing an excellent job carry on with what he wanted.

• Sad 1