Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 30i sub program

mowens

I have been asked to provide a copy of a subprogram on our heavily  modified Fanuc 30i. I can find a backup copy on the PC side but not the curren one.  I haven't messed with a control in 25 years and our operator is fairly new to this machine. Neither of us can find where to look.

Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, mowens said:

I have been asked to provide a copy of a subprogram on our heavily  modified Fanuc 30i. I can find a backup copy on the PC side but not the curren one.  I haven't messed with a control in 25 years and our operator is fairly new to this machine. Neither of us can find where to look.

Any suggestions?

Is is a 9000 program? If so then you will need to enable the parameter to see 9000 level programs. Then you should be able to copy it with no issues.

Unlock 9000 programs on a Fanuc quick google search

• Like 1

(In MDI Mode):

Set #3202.0 = 1 & #3202.4 = 1

To copy between CNC Memory & USB Drive, you need to set the I/O Channel to '17'. (do this in MDI mode also.)

(Now turn to 'Edit Mode')

If you get a 'Control Alarm', telling you that 'Parameter Write is Enabled', hold down the 'cancel button' [can], and press 'reset'. That will silence that annoying alarm.

Those will let you "see and copy" any of the 8000 or 9000 series programs (unless they are read/write protected by the Manufacturer, on a deeper level).

Then, use the Edit Mode > Program button, to toggle between "Program View" and "Folder View".

Turn on the 'Program Detail' Soft Key, so you can see the 'Comment line' which follows the Program Number.

You should now be able to search through the folder structure. (Keep in mind > when you enter a sub-folder, you must use the 'return to previous folder' option at the top of the file list.)

There should be two "main branches" of the folder structure: System & User.

You'll have to search through the sub-folders in each branch. Keep in mind > there can be more then one 'Library'. There can be a System Library, and a User Library. Be sure you examine all the different Subfolders, to be sure you've got the correct file.

• Like 1