Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post and Control Definition File Path Issue

CalvinMclean

Hello,

My name is Calvin, this is my first time posting on this forum and I’d really appreciate any help I can get! Recently, the company I work for upgraded from mastercam 2019 to 2021 and we did get new posts. All of the programmers including myself have encountered several issues with how mastercam looks for the post. Mastercam seems to always look in the wrong location for the control definition and post files. I’ve watched several videos and still I can’t get it to work. Part of the issue may be that I have 2 workstations (desktop and laptop) and I need to be able to transition the same mastercam file between both locations and save at each location and different points in time. I really need help on where I should have my post and control definition located as well as how to get mastercam to forget previous locations for the post and control definition. With mastercam 2019 we used to have our post and control definition located in a shared drive folder and now 2021 is still looking for that same folder although now we have the files located as follows: C/ users/ public/ documents/shared mastercam 2021/ mill. I’m not sure how clear my questions are but any advise would be much appreciated. This issue is really bumming me out and I’m very lost on how to solve it. Thank you!!

0CF69610-8E00-4884-9144-7909E3A78CBA.png

7FC00A1F-027E-49B2-A6F8-54A5E7675F24.png

C6D3E479-D290-4A44-A0E2-86CCA49BA00E.png

Mastercam seems to always look in the wrong location for the control definition and post files. ..[/quote]

This location is found in the Mastercam Configuration.

.... I really need help on where I should have my post ...

Post default location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Shared Mastercam 2021\Mill\Posts\

Machine and Control Definition default location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Shared Mastercam 2021\CNC_MACHINES\

When updating new Posts, I always go in and double check to make sure the path is associated to the new install. Should be having to do this myself within a month when Mastercam 2022 comes out. 

I don't use Update Wizard for new versions on everything, pretty much just posts and tool libraries because of path issues in the past.

I do new Machine and Control Definitions and Operations/Defaults every version. Just works better that way for me.