Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HSM Advisor

SpacePilotPro

I was perusing this thread here....

I am also a happy owner of the HSM Advisor software, it is a great resource. If I may ask of some of the other users here....When do you apply the "HSM"  and  "Chip Thinning" checkboxes, and do you apply both of them at the same time? The results can be dramatically different, and I was curious if I have been possibly using these boxes incorrectly. Thanks in advance for any input from you guys!

Relief on the cutting edge cam be a problem.  I have run into situations where the feedrate is so high that heel of the relief rubs.  Tools with eccentric relief work the best for me.  HSM Advisor is a tool, I don't always run at 100% with it.  For some operations, I tune as "machinist discretion", such as spot drilling...

55 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

I'd be curious to know as well. However, I am always curious about anything 'cloud'. Where is it really stored, and who might have access...

As it turns out, it appears to just be for the machine profiles and nothing else.  At least not that I can see.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, David Colin said:

I mainly use cloud feature to save machine profiles but there is (or was)a way to share cuts parameter and give them ratings.

23 hours ago, neurosis said:

As it turns out, it appears to just be for the machine profiles and nothing else.  At least not that I can see.

Yeah it is currently used only for uploading/downloading machine profiles.

There used to be functionality to upload/download tools and cutting data. But I removed it because nobody used it. I will later replace it with a full database backup and sync.

• Like 3