Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Esprit 2020 to Mastercam 2022

Shiva.aero

3 hours ago, gcode said:

hypermIll generates a full 5X toolpath that reduced cycle times to 8 hours versus 30  or 40 with my old school MC files

I've done some experimenting with morph between curves and the pocketing toolpath (in MC2022)

Both showed promise.

The difference in power and capability between Master era 2013 and today is amazing

Hey Tom,

If you're game sometime, I'd like to take a crack at one of those part files, using Mastercam Blade Expert. We could do an online session on a Saturday, and just play around with the software. (I've got a Reseller Hasp, so everything is unlocked.) This way you could see what the Blade Expert module has to offer.

Technically; I'm not a "Blade Expert, Expert", but I've used it enough to know how easy and powerful it is. I worked on a couple Inconel Blisks about 6-7 years ago, and was getting pretty great results with Blade Expert, using Kennametal Solid Ceramic endmills.

Anyway, at least you'd get someone willing to try everything, without worrying about "losing a sale" if the software can't hack it. Plus, I get the benefit of seeing if the software is able to cut the mustard, or if it crashes and burns.

Thanks,

Colin

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

If you're game sometime, I'd like to take a crack at one of those part files, using Mastercam Blade Expert. We could do an online session on a Saturday, and just play around with the software. (I've got a Reseller Hasp, so everything is unlocked.) This way you could see what the Blade Expert module has to offer.

Colin

I rough these parts with insert  button cutters  (Ø1.25 to Ø2.)

and  Ingersoll high feeds

I have 2022 HLE installed at home and played with it a little on one of these parts

I liked the output I was getting from morph between 2 curves better

but I did not spend a lot of time on it

I looked at Blade Expert when it was first introduced and the price was mind boggling

It is much better these days 

• Like 1
On 9/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, Metallic said:

I'd like to kinda revive this...a shop I am in talks with is trying to decide on CAM. They have a millturn coming and want to use esprit....I just can't understand it. Using both Hypermill and Esprit on their floor. What do you guys think of this? Is this as crazy as I think it is? Not only would I have to learn Hypermill, I would have to learn esprit. The guy thinks Mastercam 5-axis is 'entry level' and I about laughed in his face. Either way regardless of what they choose it seems having multiple CAM systems would be utterly awful to get up to speed with.

Just how good (or not) is Mastercam at Millturn on say an Integrex or a DMG NTX? As I have the Mastercam experience I would like to steer them in that direction...

I haven't read the entire thread but I'll add my input.  We bought a NTX2000 over a year ago and the Mori AEs were begging me to buy Esprit and now I know why.  They have had to help deal with all of the pain and headaches of why the machine isn't running correctly and 95% of it is because Mastercam isn't posting the code correctly.  As the one who wrote the check for the machine AND a few thousand $$ for Mastercam's NTX machine environment I am pissed off and frustrated that they still don't have it figured out.  They made no mention of this before I placed the order and made it sound like it was pretty well developed.  Heck, the product has been out for years so I figured it would be dialed in by now but I was wrong.  With all that said, expect to spend a few months trying to get the post working correctly or doing half a dozen hand edits every time you post.  I have an email into Postability to see what they have to offer but I would be very skeptical of what Mastercam says.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Bob W. said:

I haven't read the entire thread but I'll add my input.  We bought a NTX2000 over a year ago and the Mori AEs were begging me to buy Esprit and now I know why.  They have had to help deal with all of the pain and headaches of why the machine isn't running correctly and 95% of it is because Mastercam isn't posting the code correctly.  As the one who wrote the check for the machine AND a few thousand $$ for Mastercam's NTX machine environment I am pissed off and frustrated that they still don't have it figured out.  They made no mention of this before I placed the order and made it sound like it was pretty well developed.  Heck, the product has been out for years so I figured it would be dialed in by now but I was wrong.  With all that said, expect to spend a few months trying to get the post working correctly or doing half a dozen hand edits every time you post.  I have an email into Postability to see what they have to offer but I would be very skeptical of what Mastercam says.

You posted about this a couple of months ago and CNC reached out.

I take it that today's post means the issues are still unresolved?

15 hours ago, Bob W. said:

I would agree that anytime you're standing up a new multitasking center that itll be a few months of dialing in the post. I had the same thing with postability getting a 5x post dialed in as well. Relatively painless compared to what you're describing!

Although that sucks, surely there are other NTX users that program with Mastercam? I can't imagine there aren't.

2 hours ago, Bob W. said:

Yes.  I have a new post but it doesn't appear the issues are fixed.  We are doing testing with it today.

This is what happens when somebody makes a decision to develop a product that ignores what control 75% of the world's machines use right out of the gate.

I'm just sayin'... :yes

:coffee:

• Sad 1